Second Skin Audio

Toyota Sequoia Wall Build

Sequoia_Bass

I am wanting to mount the amps right behind the b pillar. where the second doors are. this way i will have easy acess to them and also the power wire runs will be shorter. and the speaker wire runs will also be shorter.less wire less money! less wire also means less resistance!! going to do all of the amps on the driver side and mount cross overs and other processors on the passenger side behind be pillar. 

9 hours ago, Sequoia_Bass said:

Ah alright. Going to do sono tube. And will most likely fiber glass it or use resin. just something to give it strength 

If you want to resin/fiberglass the sono tube, it certainly won't hurt, but it shouldn't be needed.  That thing is meant to hold over 600 lbs of concrete, they are a LOT stronger than people think.  You just want to be sure you support it at both ends.

One way to get a flare on them is to glue the ends to some plywood/MDF rings.  Its best if you cut a slot in the ring to glue to (circle jig works well).  You can then use as large of a roundover bit as you can get to cut a flare in the ring.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 1 month later...

I Installed a pioneer MVH-X690BS double din headunit. So that is another part of build finished. I am loving the headunit. The colors are vibrant and bright.I love all of the functions. The bluetooth works perfectly and i've had no problems with the headunit. 

Instead of using 6 soundqubed hds215s i'm going to use 6 PSI Platform 1 15s with HP option. This has nothing to do with quality or brand of either sub. It's just that i already have 3 of the 6 PSI's. Will still be using the american bass PH4000MD amps, One amp per sub. 

Is 24 cubic feet and 2 14 inch aero ports still good for the psi's?

Well i do not think i'll be able to flat wall 6 15s. the space i have to work with is. 48 inches wide gross 39 inches high gross and up to 75 inches long

but box is double layer 3/4 birch so 45inches wide and 36 inches wide net. So i might do either 4 15s flat wall or 6 15s 4th order. only have enough space to do a 2.5:1 ratio i think. 

Archived