Second Skin Audio

Toyota Sequoia Wall Build

Sequoia_Bass

On 3/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, Sequoia_Bass said:

Well i do not think i'll be able to flat wall 6 15s. the space i have to work with is. 48 inches wide gross 39 inches high gross and up to 75 inches long

but box is double layer 3/4 birch so 45inches wide and 36 inches wide net. So i might do either 4 15s flat wall or 6 15s 4th order. only have enough space to do a 2.5:1 ratio i think. 

Decided on doing 4 15s, 16 cubic feet net with a 16 inch aero port tuned at 32 hz.i have tops and bottom of box cut out. also cut out 1st layer of the

front baffle and back. still need to get more wood to finish sides and other layers for front baffle and back. Just wanted to update you guys

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, post some pictures each time you update this build log!  "A picture is worth a thousand words", and words are less fun to look at than pics.  Im interested

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• 1 month later...

I have question concerning my port. I was suggested to do a single 16 inch aero port by psi, but most sono tube is actually 15.5    there is roughly 13sq inches of port area difference. would this be enough to decrease output of system? or for there to be port noise? box will be 16 cubic feet net.

And yes i will for sure post some pics! Havn't gotten that far, havn't been working due all the work for end of school year. I have most of the wood and some cuts done and thats about it. But i'll keep you guys updated!

Just to refresh my memory on what you are going to be running, its four PSI 15"s and which amps?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Sequoia_Bass said:

4 Psi Platform 1 15s with HP option, dual 2 ohm vc wired at 1 ohm per sub each one has it's own American bass Ph4000md

For what you are wanting to do, a 15.5" diameter tube will work fine.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Everything is double layed except front and back wich are triple layered.  I have glued and screwed the top,bottom, and side pieces together. I still need to add 14 2x4x36inch braces inside the box. after displacment the box will be exactly 16 cubic feet net with subs and port and all bracing! It's a slow process for sure, but the journy to build the system is just as enjoyable as finishing it in my opinion!!  hopefully the picture correctly posts. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived