Jump to content

Good 2 Way Crossovers


whazoo84

Recommended Posts

Posted
14 hours ago, mcanderson0 said:

Each crossover has its own characteristics (slopes, cutoff frequencies, tweeter boosts, etc), but you can 'plug' any speaker into any crossover.  Whether or not you get a desirable effect is dependent on all the details of the speaker and crossover.  

Spend some time to read this: http://www.passivecrossovers.com/index.htm

Yah thats what i figured. A Pxover is set up to match a specific speaker. I guess if u used similar speakers to what the Pxover was intended for then maybe it'll work fine. Ofcourse "similar"meaning its specs not just size of woofers. But anyways im not interested in passives lol was just chiming in on the topic, my votes goes to active.

Posted
On 1/26/2017 at 5:42 PM, dolarbilz said:

Most guys/gals probably don't care about time alignment . I haven't even attempted time alignment myself and I'm pretty happy...I just know if DD wanted these on a passive it would have been supplied..

If I would have known that you're in Salinas. Cal. the last time I was there to pick up an abandoned KLLM truck from Fresh Express ... You would be well versed in time alignment by now ... LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...