Second Skin Audio

Fi BL 12v3 enclosure help

2 hours ago, reedal said:

Also, check to make sure the "low" or "sub" setting is set to 0 or higher. If you have to change it, then you will also have to reset your gain. Which pioneer unit do you have?

I want to say it's a deh or dex. It's in my sig but I can't see it on my phone. Just a basic pioneer head unit from like 3 yrs ago. 

I have it it set a -2, once upon a tie I tuned it at 6 which was the highest level but i was still having clipping issues. I am gonna go by my local shop today and see if they will let me rent their DD-1. 

On a side note, I turned those filters up and down. I was able to get better output. I think this box is just tuned a lot lower than I am used to. Would like to see how it sound with 3" port as opposed to the 3.5" I went with. 

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

I think you had your filters set improperly then if turning them "off" by taking them out of the equation like that increased your output. It's easy to think "this would be the correct place" but without an exact number on the dial, you don't really know. You can set filters easily with a multimeter and test tones. There's a few tutorials in different threads on this forum, and should be on YouTube if you need visual assistance.

I'm still not crazy impressed with it honestly. I have a buddy with a W7 and that thing have some umph to it in his Lexus. I was expecting this thing to at least compete with that but right now that's not the case. 

My dual alpines hit a lot harder than I give them credit for haha. 

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Check your enclosure to make sure all of the glue joints are good. If your enclosure has any leaks anywhere that will hurt the output. Going from two subs to one is going to reduce output some, but it shouldn't be too bad. 

31 minutes ago, reedal said:

Check your enclosure to make sure all of the glue joints are good. If your enclosure has any leaks anywhere that will hurt the output. Going from two subs to one is going to reduce output some, but it shouldn't be too bad. 

Yeah I will be looking into everything today. Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know if I find anything

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Box seems tight. I found that it just really really wants to get low. I put on some decaf tracks and it was pleased haha. I will still be tuning today to get it dialed in so I can boom away. I'm feeling betting for sure, this thing get my dash jumping. I'll try to post a video in a bit.

What level do you recommend setting my head unit SW output at to tune my amp? I was running with -2 for whatever reason. Just want to do this one last time. Then adding a battery next. 

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

I leave my sub level at 0 (pioneer 80PRS). It gives you a little less preamp voltage, but it allows me to turn the HU all of the way up with no distortion shown on the DD-1 at 40hz and 1khz. You can have it set at whatever you'd like really, as long as it's within the input voltage rating of your amps

Damn. The shop around the corner doesn't have a DD-1 anymore. 

Anyone in Sac area got one that willing to help me out?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Yeah,  we'll you traded more cone area for less on the same power.  That 15 should still be shaking some shit up on the low end tho. I forget un-decaffed music exists sometimes lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived