Sundown Audio

4 speakers on T400-2 RCA'S???

Michael Dean

I know I can run 2 sets of 4 ohm speakers to put a 2ohm load on 1 channel and in the end I will have 125watts @ 2 ohms per speaker. I now have 2 sets of rca's 1 front and 1 rear  so 2 sets from deck @ 4 volts. Do i just buy two sets of 2 female-1male y splitters and run one to each rca output or am I missing something?

Nope.... you got it! Its how i have my T265's running off the same amp. 500 watt amp for my mid-range/mid-bass set up. And then for my mid-bass i have a T400-4 stereo bridged to run the P3 8's in the kick panels getting about 275 rms.

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg

23 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Nope.... you got it! Its how i have my T265's running off the same amp. 500 watt amp for my mid-range/mid-bass set up. And then for my mid-bass i have a T400-4 stereo bridged to run the P3 8's in the kick panels getting about 275 rms.

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg

That looks nice. So my  2female two 1 male per set will work? Does it matter which ones to hook together or not. IE fade and balance? I guess it really does not matter I never use those any way but I can mess with the sound stage the the head unit. So Should I just split the front in one and the rear in the other?? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Michael Dean said:

I know I can run 2 sets of 4 ohm speakers to put a 2ohm load on 1 channel and in the end I will have 125watts @ 2 ohms per speaker. I now have 2 sets of rca's 1 front and 1 rear  so 2 sets from deck @ 4 volts. Do i just buy two sets of 2 female-1male y splitters and run one to each rca output or am I missing something?

Yah, so u can take ur "front" rcas and split that pair into two pairs. You wont have fade because its all on the "front" channel. But you should wire left for left and right for right, with the rcas and the amp/speakers. 

Archived