Not enough mid bass from alpine type r 6x8??

Michael Dean

Current set up 2 T0 10 ported on T1500bdcp, pioneer double din 4v pre out, 4 alpine type r 6x8 on p400x4 0 gauge all the way back to 4 gauge out to both amps. Sounds real clean and loud but no real mid bass present from 6x8? Would I have better luck with 6 1/2? Any info would be great thanks

Are your doors treated with any sound dampening  material? Just upgrading speakers and still leaving gaping holes in the door will not give you the best performance no matter what speakers you have. If you have not deadened I would start with that before throwing money at new equipment.

2 words, Boom Mat.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWd1ShRnPbDG9ppgJKpumdA <---- show some love to my channel

Alpine MRH-F255 (old school), sub channel not used

Skar audio VX35-ST tweets in front  (invest in them they are worth it)

kicker zr120- nice underrated amp

Powerbass s1204 subwoofer in a 1.75 custom slot ported enclosure tuned to 30hz

Front doors Prv 6mb200s 8ohm

Alpine type-e 5.25 in dash took a shave and a hair cut.....- not in use

Rear doors alpine 6.5's model/series unknown but they are loud as hell

Factory alt

3.5 farad cap, does the job for now.

Deck is a pioneer mixtrax 700bt model

And my baby my Pioneer EQ-6500 i got for 10.00

Back-up amps- Ma Audio 598i, kicker zr120, my highly under rated JBL LC-A502 1xx watt amp...

On the side- Quantum tweets not yet installed

Don't want to steal this thread, rather piggy back on the idea of sound deadening. I saw that second skin is having the sale through this post. Would you say to do the doors first, or the trunk? Currently piecing together a new sound system in my car, starting with wiring, then LC7/2i, then amp, then sub and box. But being that the second skin is on sale, would you say do it before any of the other stuff? 

Edit: Or would 40 sq ft of the Damplifier (non pro) be good?

51 minutes ago, ALDJ253 said:

Don't want to steal this thread, rather piggy back on the idea of sound deadening. I saw that second skin is having the sale through this post. Would you say to do the doors first, or the trunk? Currently piecing together a new sound system in my car, starting with wiring, then LC7/2i, then amp, then sub and box. But being that the second skin is on sale, would you say do it before any of the other stuff? 

Edit: Or would 40 sq ft of the Damplifier (non pro) be good?

If you have to choose one or the other between doors or trunk. Id say do your doors first, then ur trunk. 

8 hours ago, Michael Dean said:

Current set up 2 T0 10 ported on T1500bdcp, pioneer double din 4v pre out, 4 alpine type r 6x8 on p400x4 0 gauge all the way back to 4 gauge out to both amps. Sounds real clean and loud but no real mid bass present from 6x8? Would I have better luck with 6 1/2? Any info would be great thanks

check out my vid on my 6.5 i purchased, its playing vocals but they do pump some bass.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWd1ShRnPbDG9ppgJKpumdA <---- show some love to my channel

Alpine MRH-F255 (old school), sub channel not used

Skar audio VX35-ST tweets in front  (invest in them they are worth it)

kicker zr120- nice underrated amp

Powerbass s1204 subwoofer in a 1.75 custom slot ported enclosure tuned to 30hz

Front doors Prv 6mb200s 8ohm

Alpine type-e 5.25 in dash took a shave and a hair cut.....- not in use

Rear doors alpine 6.5's model/series unknown but they are loud as hell

Factory alt

3.5 farad cap, does the job for now.

Deck is a pioneer mixtrax 700bt model

And my baby my Pioneer EQ-6500 i got for 10.00

Back-up amps- Ma Audio 598i, kicker zr120, my highly under rated JBL LC-A502 1xx watt amp...

On the side- Quantum tweets not yet installed

Archived