Modwest_Customz Posted February 20, 2017 Report Posted February 20, 2017 Just picked up 16 Alpine Type R 8 inch. They are set up in 2 ported boxes, 8 subs in each box. They are wired up to 1.8 ohms. I was just wondering on what everyone's recommendation would be on the best amp to run? I have been looking at the Soundstream X3.71 but I'm not dead set on it.
ckeeler11 Posted February 24, 2017 Report Posted February 24, 2017 Soundstream is not the best out there. It probably does not do rated and will not take a beating. i would look at a Korean amps. 1 amp for each box. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/twisted-sounds-ts3-5kw-3500w-monoblock-amplifier.html https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/audio-legion-35001-amplifier https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/synergy-audio-351-3500w-monoblock-amplifier
Keith77 Posted February 24, 2017 Report Posted February 24, 2017 is your final load on each box 1.8 or is that both boxes together? Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Modwest_Customz Posted February 28, 2017 Author Report Posted February 28, 2017 That is the final load on each box
boomintahoe Posted February 28, 2017 Report Posted February 28, 2017 On 2/24/2017 at 1:54 PM, ckeeler11 said: Soundstream is not the best out there. It probably does not do rated and will not take a beating. i would look at a Korean amps. 1 amp for each box. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/twisted-sounds-ts3-5kw-3500w-monoblock-amplifier.html https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/audio-legion-35001-amplifier https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/synergy-audio-351-3500w-monoblock-amplifier Uh, my Rubicon amps take a beating. Still going strong. Best amps? No. But they belong in the budget amp category.
boomintahoe Posted February 28, 2017 Report Posted February 28, 2017 Twisted Sounds, Cab 1600.1, DD, Soundqubed, Synergy, etc etc. Just depends upon your budget.
ckeeler11 Posted February 28, 2017 Report Posted February 28, 2017 5 hours ago, boomintahoe said: Uh, my Rubicon amps take a beating. Still going strong. Best amps? No. But they belong in the budget amp category. I was thinking along the Picasso lines.
Modwest_Customz Posted February 28, 2017 Author Report Posted February 28, 2017 Would it be better to run a separate amp to each box ? Or does it really matter
1gggman1 Posted February 28, 2017 Report Posted February 28, 2017 CAB 1600.1 for sure... Budget prices and you could go crazy and slave 2 amps into a single load .9 ohms? I'd go for it! This response may be unpopular but I've owned 1 for a year in Phoenix AZ... "100 degrees is a cool day in the summer"... and had it loaded @ .67 ohm with no issues on stock electrical so I'm sure I've starved the amp for juice repeatedly and it just keep on hammering... no thermal issues or impedance issues! I'm rebuilding presently and will slave 2 amps together myself... $200 ea... why not?
boomintahoe Posted March 1, 2017 Report Posted March 1, 2017 7 hours ago, ckeeler11 said: I was thinking along the Picasso lines. Thanks for clearing that up.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.