AMM-1 Help

fyerbyrd22

i just bought a AMM-1 last week and am a little confused how to use it...i was trying to get real-time power from it last night (1st time using it) and i wasnt getting any readings...the instructions seemed to confuse me, maybe it was the fact i just spent 14hrs working on the truck but i dont think so

what i tried:

-pos speaker wire through hole...probes on the pos and neg speaker terminals at the amp (fail)

-neg speaker wire through hole...probes on pos and neg speaker terminals at amp (fail)

-pos speaker wire through hole...pos prob on pos speaker at amp, neg probe on ground (fail)

-neg speaker wire through hole...pos probe on power, neg prob on neg speaker terminal (fail)

-mixture of pos/neg through the hole and using the probes on the positive and ground (fail)

anyone with experience would be great as im at a loss

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

the first one you wrote is correct. make sure amp isnt playing. put either speaker wire through the hole, and the probes into the speaker wire, make sure the AMM 1 is on and in real time power mode, should be 5 clicks from the turn on screen, play a tone/song.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Ok. If that's the only one that doesn't work, then maybe it's the software update that's needed. Also, if the battery has been in there for a while or it's not a newer battery then that could be it. My DD-1 is really iffy about not having a brand new battery

side note: I can't wait to put my amps back in and try my AMM-1

Archived