How to avoid on/off thud

19 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

@06RTCharger Put that sh*t in dude!!!!!!!!

I see big ass wire....nice alt...I saw some good looking components......you're overthinking this stuff waaaaaay too much.

Thats my personality man, lol im a thinker. Quiet as fuck all the time in person, but my mind is goin goin goin constantly. Issues man lol, but the build should start within a couple more months. Or less. Depends how broke im willing to be lol. 

2 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

This is the relay I bought for my system. It runs off the 12v turn on from the HU and turns on both amplifiers and led lights for my sub box. It has the built in diode.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_116351_HELLA-4RD933332181.html

Thanks man. I was checking those out, spent several hours debating in my head last night which ones to order lol. I ended up going with the Tyco(bosch) relay, with a diode. Got my stuff ordered lastnight off partsexpress, a relay, relay socket with wires, couple barrier strips, circuit breaker, solder. 

13 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Thats my personality man, lol im a thinker. Quiet as fuck all the time in person, but my mind is goin goin goin constantly. Issues man lol, but the build should start within a couple more months. Or less. Depends how broke im willing to be lol. 

What's stopping you from putting in the alt, running power, and hooking up your mids and highs for now?

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Take your time and do it the way you want. Its your money, your time, your system.  Just do more searching and research before asking a question about it I guess.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

5 hours ago, twalker182 said:

What's stopping you from putting in the alt, running power, and hooking up your mids and highs for now?

I dont have the rcas, speaker wire, terminals, heatshrink, loom, tesa tape, power/ground distribution, router table for my router and ABS plastic sheets for the speaker adapters. BUT i should have my rcas by monday, if the shop here has them instock, or ill have to wait for them to ship it to hawaii. Im emailed Knu about some speaker wires, so when that gets figured out ill order that. Terminals for the 4/0 power wires are being sent to me by monday, for a test fit then ill chose one to order. Shrink, loom and tape is easy to get. I ordered some custom tinned copper distro blocks lil over a week ago and takes 4-6 weeks to make then ship. Not sure how i wanna go about the router table issue, might go the cheap lowes/homedepot table way, or just order the jessem router lift and table, not sure yet. The ABS sheets are easy to order. 

The way i approached this build is buy all the expensive stuff first, then fill in the gaps. Also before i run my wire im gonna install all the second skin ive had sittin here lol. I could do the second skin now but id rather run the wires at the same time as i do the second skin becuase the whole interior is pulled out. 

Archived