Bad volt drop

21 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I don't know what kind of car it's going in but for H.O alt's always go as big as u can that way u know u have enough power. 

mmmmmm...... A working alt, through ALL rev, normally, for a daily, is best. Just me. 

Again. Just me. But dropping to 9s ???? even if both alts are doing 80 amps, and you have a bit of reserve.... 9s ??? jesus.

That board is rated at what ... 3k at 1 ohm, and your wired there. So your pulling maybe 150 amps at full tilt, on music.. hell, even 200  lets say...... (highly doubt). IF THAT, and your dropping to 9's?...... good hell.  You have issues for sure. Big ones. You sure both alts are turning on?  sounds like one isnt.......iif both alts are doing even a shitty 80 amps, and you have a few amp hours in whatever those batts do, dropping to 9's ? Jesus. Is the amp staying on even ? or does it shut off?  

EDIT- and,... seeing "i bought a ebay alt" makes me want to puke....... i know you wanna bang on a budget, but, everything ive ever seen, the OEM alt does better than a "ebay" alt. Everytime. 

I've moved both of my battery grounds now, do I have to have both of the 4 pin plugs on both alternators? Only one has that plugged up, I've got 1/0 from each alternator to the primary battery and then 1/0 to the second. Should I jump from 1st alternator to second and then to battery?

With a volt meter both alts are putting out 13.5 volts. Yes if I play decaf music, low music it'll drop so bad the amp will cut off and all lights are basically off

2 minutes ago, Blake21 said:

I've moved both of my battery grounds now, do I have to have both of the 4 pin plugs on both alternators? Only one has that plugged up, I've got 1/0 from each alternator to the primary battery and then 1/0 to the second. Should I jump from 1st alternator to second and then to battery?

With a volt meter both alts are putting out 13.5 volts. Yes if I play decaf music, low music it'll drop so bad the amp will cut off and all lights are basically off

Wait... you dont have a "TURN ON" to the second alt? just a 1/0 wire off the stud? How are you turning the second alt on ?

17 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

I dont know if its necessary for ur system but maybe another run of 1/0 from alternators +and-  to batteries To Help current flow easier. But do the alt upgrade first, see if that fixes it by itself. Maybe even upgrade ur batteries, cca is just cold cranking amps, important spec for cold weather areas, but not really a important spec for car audio. Check the AH (amp hours) rating, thats usually a decent indicator of power supplying abilities. 

Wire doesnt make voltage. If his alt does a max of 200 amp, wide open.... what would adding more wire do? 

1 minute ago, Blake21 said:

Yes I only have one 4 pin plug connected to one alternator,  I thought the second one would put out power without it

Ya..... i figured that..... about 9 posts ago. 

Dude, you have to tell the alt to turn on, when, and how. You have to "tell" the alt to turn on....... your just spinning a pulley at the moment. The plug is there, for a reason. 

Alternators charge at 14.4  that's pretty low at 13's make sure your belts are tight my H.O. Alt charges at 14.8 to 15

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived