i've heard that running two different kinds of batteries isn't the best thing to do, i.e. stock battery up front and yellow top optima in back.

You heard correctly.  ;)

Usually batteries of diff. makes have diff. "resting voltages" and can ultimately discharge each other (depending on which one has the higher voltage).

i've heard he same also. i wanted to keep my yellowtop in the front and do a kinetik HC800 in the back for my capacitor/battery. i called Kinetik and talked to Eric and he said that it would work but suggested in the future i get rid of the optima an get a HC2000 or HC2400 to replace it. So now i'm stuck with whether I want to go ahead and get the HC800 now or just wait to get the HC2000 or HC2400 and HC800 all at once.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You could get it now, if your yellow top isn't real old. They have a higher resting then say a stock. However If you can wait then maybe you could get a better deal ordering both at the same time.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You could get it now, if your yellow top isn't real old. They have a higher resting then say a stock. However If you can wait then maybe you could get a better deal ordering both at the same time.

my yellowtop was put in around june of this year it's not that old. i might just go ahead and get the HC800 for now, i'm still trying to save up and replace my Hifonics Brutus 1500d for an amp with more juice. Ebay has the HC800 going for around $115 with shipping, that's not bad.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

I wouldn't run a stock battery in the front and connect and yellow top in the back :V

You can mix batteries but just make sure it will work good.

An example would be meade. I think he has a yellow top up front and in the back he has some stinger batteries.

All Kinetiks like stated above is always a good way to go ;)

I wouldn't run a stock battery in the front and connect and yellow top in the back :V

An example would be meade. I think he has a yellow top up front and in the back he has some stinger batteries.

yeah i think he has a red top in the front of the honda and some temporary ones in the back.

An example would be meade. I think he has a yellow top up front and in the back he has some

stinger batteries.

are you guys talking about meades honda or replying to the quote i made?

yeah i think he has a red top in the front of the honda and some temporary ones in the back.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

An example would be meade. I think he has a yellow top up front and in the back he has some

stinger batteries.

are you guys talking about meades honda or replying to the quote i made?

Meade's Honda