Blake21 Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 How much power can I put to my 2 hdc3 18s daily. I've currently got 1 sonido mask fx 3000 amp on both of them at 1 ohm, idk how much power it puts out but they get pretty loud, could I put one of these amps to both subs or would I be better off getting something like a twisted sounds 3.5 or crescendo 4500, but the ampere audio 3800 looks to do good power at less voltage than other amps. Just trying to see some options and what amp options will wake these subs up
reedal Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 what is the DCR of your subs? D1 or D4? SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
FullerExplorer Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 As long as your clean man you can run almost anything you like, I am running a ns1 on 2 x 15s right now no issues all my gains are set right with my dd-1 and my electrical is nice.
Blake21 Posted April 2, 2017 Author Report Posted April 2, 2017 It's the d1 versions. So If I get my power situated and buy a dd1 I could run any amp I wanted and it'd be good pretty much? Say I wanted to put a 7k amp on em, they'd be ok with good power and set with dd1
Blake21 Posted April 2, 2017 Author Report Posted April 2, 2017 I'm just checking I got a good bit of stuff to do before the new amp but I want to know what sort of amp to shop for
Masterbasser Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 prolly a good 5k would push em nice check out twisted sounds or soundqubed amps. good prices Kenwood excelon ddx795 3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only) McLaren dome tweeters Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos NVX JAD800.4 4 PA x4 SPL 18's 4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each 2 K2 80 ah lithiums 3 group 31 agms Ledglow million color (12 piece) 2007 Yukon xl
Blake21 Posted April 2, 2017 Author Report Posted April 2, 2017 I'm gonna get a dd1 before I do anything else, It looks like a must have tool in order to get serious about this hobby
reedal Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 given all of the issues you have with every topic you post, you should probably fix the problems before upgrading power. a 3-3.5k amp per woofer @ 1ohm is all I would do. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Blake21 Posted April 2, 2017 Author Report Posted April 2, 2017 O i am this week, gonna fix all the wiring, add battery reserve, roof has been fixed, hopefully have all that sorted out and build my first wall this weekend. Then on to mids and highs
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 I plan on running the Soundqubed 7k on a pair of HDC3.118 at 1 ohm. I got a slamming deal on the Black Friday sale but I haven't even built the box for them yet. I don't know if these subs can take 7k but by the time I take into account the voltage drop and impedance rise it will be way less than 7k anyway. I am currently running an FSD 5k on a pair of HDS315 and it bangs the hell out of them at .5 ohm. Just keep your voltage up and don't clip them. If you turn up the volume and the sound changes or starts to make a new noise then you are kicking its butt. I can only play a few songs at a time going down the road before I have to turn it down and let it charge back up. I never let it go below 12v to keep the amperage down, but that's just me. Tuned in for pictures of the wall build. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.