Second Skin Audio

Question About Bandpass Boxes And Getting The Subs In And Out.

PaulO2288

I plan on making a spl box for my 2 12"s and tune them to my resonant frequency. My question is how do I get the subs out and take them in and out after I put the box all the way together or the top for example for taking the subs in and out? Like im not giong to carpet the box but im giong to have it where I can unscrew the top and screw it back on to take the subs in and out and put the subs back into my daily box etc. But how do I do that without wareing out the mdf from screwing and unscrewing the top so much and be albe to put the top back on and keep the box sealed from air leaks? Thanks for your help.

i would say as long as you have even cuts on all the sides you shouldnt have a problem with air leaking out the top.

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Now I have one more question about amp setting for the meter. My vehicles frequency is 68hz. Im tuned my box to 60hz or so. Im playing a 60hz test tone for it to peak around 65-68, Do I have my amps frequency on 60hz also for the burps?

im confused

so ur vehicles peak frequency is 68hz, then ud set ur crossover on ur amp at ~80hz so u dont cut the 68 off at all with a slope

if you peak at 68hz you play a 68hz tone

you cant play a 60hz tone and register on a termlab a peak at 68hz

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

the low pass should be above 60hz. if it a 60hz tone it will play 60hz as long as the lpf does not cut it out, you don't have to worry about the filter on the amp other than setting it to 80 - 120hz depending on where it starts to sound bad

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

the low pass should be above 60hz. if it a 60hz tone it will play 60hz as long as the lpf does not cut it out, you don't have to worry about the filter on the amp other than setting it to 80 - 120hz depending on where it starts to sound bad

Honestly Ive always set my low pass on my amps deep. I have my subsonic on 15hz on and my amps low pass on 40hz. Thats as low as everything goes and I love the rumbeling bass due to I have my box tuned to 28hz anyway.

Archived