Second Skin Audio

Box help 2X old p3d412's

SNYPER

7 minutes ago, Joe X said:

So here is a suggestion, subs / port firing back, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: You need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

your the man! exactly what i was looking for! Basically what i was going to do,

Question on the inlets,should they end mid sub? and thats 4 1/4 front and inlet/outlet?

Just now, Joe X said:

You're welcome, you basically would need to cut the parts as listed and assemble as shown, you need to take care with the external port clearance to the rear, the internal are already taken care of.

what do you mean by that? " you need to take care with the external port clearance to the rear "

28 minutes ago, Joe X said:

The external end of the port needs at least the 4 1/4" of free airspace in front of it so that the port breathes properly.

ok thats what i thought thanks.

(edit) almost done with replica,alot smaller than i thought it had to be.

Morning fellas, Building the box today. Have a quick question.My wiring kit came today BUT,when i ordered it there was limited info and come to find out it freaking COPPER CLAD!! ugh. So how bad is this going to effect my power? its 0 gauge?

On 4/9/2017 at 5:46 PM, SNYPER said:

your the man! exactly what i was looking for! Basically what i was going to do,

Question on the inlets,should they end mid sub? and thats 4 1/4 front and inlet/outlet?

Joe X,tried to pm you but you arent accepting pm's,i quote you you might pop on, thanks again for your help,im about halfway on the build.I have a question,the center port out is 4 inches as specified and the back inlets to each speaker is 2 inches.is this right?,makes sense 2 in per inlet = 4 in outlet? just wanted to make sure.

Also any input on my comment on my post about the copper clad?am i going to have to buy some ofc now?

Archived