Jump to content

Anybody here a contractor?


Recommended Posts

Posted

He has a rancher.. most likely 2x4s all the way around.. 

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Posted

Yea, so that puts you at r13 to r15.

So even if it was currently r13 it wouldnt be worth the cost in materials and time to step up to r15 due to how long it would take for the cost to be turned into savings on the your heating/electric bill.

 

 

 

Posted
5 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Oh man electric furnace? I feel your pain. When I was a kid in the 70s our house had electric baseboard heat. I remember my dad complaining about a $600 electric bill. I now live in an old house built in the early 60s original insulation, plaster walls and vinyl windows. We switched from an oil furnace to natural gas and it made a huge difference. I should have done it 10 years ago. Your biggest bang for the buck would be to get a gas furnace. Second best would be a heat pump.

Those baseboard heaters are the worst!! Power hog suckers for sure. My old place, duplex where I lived at before I bought my house had them.

Posted

Audiofanaticz, Suburban or Tahoe in your pic?

 

Thanks guys for the inputs/feedback/suggestions/comments. I got some thinking to do as to which route I'll be going with.

Posted
On 4/19/2017 at 0:54 AM, audiofanaticz said:

Hoe

I'd be interested in seeing pics of it or a vid. If that's cool with you. Mines a 1997. Yours looks to be around the same, maybe 1999. I like the older ones. More room than newer Tahoe's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 547 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...