Second Skin Audio

Ported vs cylindered enclosure

Sharan agm

Well one is a trapezoidal ported box and one is a smaller cylindrical sealed box. Neither is likely very good, so when buying crappy premade boxes - go sealed I guess. Actually looking again, it says it's sealed, but the picture shows some sort of ghetto port. I'd vote for neither - I'm sure these are pure crap. I feel confident that both are too small with really high tuned ports, but since they don't judge those as important specs to share, we can only go off the photos.

Whats the point of this thread?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 4/30/2017 at 0:08 AM, Vice03 said:

Well one is a trapezoidal ported box and one is a smaller cylindrical sealed box. Neither is likely very good, so when buying crappy premade boxes - go sealed I guess. Actually looking again, it says it's sealed, but the picture shows some sort of ghetto port. I'd vote for neither - I'm sure these are pure crap. I feel confident that both are too small with really high tuned ports, but since they don't judge those as important specs to share, we can only go off the photos.

Weather ported is much effective and powerful or  basstube is powerful not in that image and specs only I am talking about enclosures which one is better , my friend told me basstube is much effective and powerful that can brakes your car's glasses and beadings this is the real picture so I posted anyone says which 1 is more powerful 

On 4/30/2017 at 7:46 AM, 3vil said:

I'm just picturing that basstube rolling all over some poor schlep's trunk as he mobs down the street

Weather ported is much effective and powerful or  basstube is powerful not in that image and specs only I am talking about enclosures battel which one is better , my friend told me basstube is much effective and powerful that can brakes your car's glasses and beadings this is the real picture so I posted anyone says which 1 is more powerful

22 hours ago, Karkov said:

Whats the point of this thread?

Weather ported is much effective and powerful or  basstube is powerful not in that image and specs only I am talking about enclosures which one is better , my friend told me basstube is much effective and powerful that can brakes your car's glasses and beadings this is the real picture so I posted anyone says which 1 is more powerful

The size of the enclosure along with the size of the port is what's important. The shape of the box doesn't matter.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived