11 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I wonder if that setup would have been louder if the port wasnt being choked out by the hatch?

it had over 11 inches between the port and the hatch. it was the fact there was such a massive rise the subs were getting hardly any power. the rise my guess was do to the tuning it was tuned to 32hz but it was more then likely getting an extension off the taligate bringing it wayyy down to like 22hz so playing anything above it there was a rise? my guess anyway. now its 2 top firing ports. mostly because i needed the airspace to fit 18s

50 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Looking good! How did you get the dual adapters in the speaker terminals?

tool maker made all the metal work. they are dual 8 gauge to dual 4 gauge. its ones he already made. just the powder coating was something different.  i wanted a red and black theme in the truck. all the power ground and speaker wire are red and black. as well there will be alot of leds in the build.

starting the box tomorrow prolly just going to build straight threw anyone have suggestions to finish the inside of the box? i was considering doing the same effect as his last one but with Gloss Black paint instead of the flat with plasti dips extra reflective clear coat so when the leds hit it it shines.  im up in the air about this  as  i kinda wanna do something different. my cousin told me its up to me just make it cool

• 2 weeks later...

box%202.jpg

box%201.jpg

sorry havent updated in a while. box still needs some finishing work but its getting there. its on its side for anyone wondering.  the bottom holes are progressively stepped in so the bottom is as wide as the PVC so it seals when i put silicone. all 13 ply birch besides the one piece of the bottom because i ran out of wood. also the baffle because i didnt wanna router birch mdf sands nicer.  Box still needs some bodywork and will be painted high gloss weight inside with leds. ports are painted gloss black. there is a piece of 1 inch plexi for the big opening there. it will be carpeted to match the interior.i also have 4 5 meter strips of leds for the inside. not sure how many ill use

Archived