Sonic Electronix

Is one style of banana plugs better?

Nothing wrong with just inserting the wire into a 5 way binding post, you do not NEED banana plugs, but if you prefer to use them, then by all means get some.

This is the first time i have ever used banana plugs, i have just inserted the wire into the posts and screwed them down with no ill effects.

The banana plugs allow easy removal to switch speakers or amplifiers.

Just my .02

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

34 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Nothing wrong with just inserting the wire into a 5 way binding post, you do not NEED banana plugs, but if you prefer to use them, then by all means get some.

This is the first time i have ever used banana plugs, i have just inserted the wire into the posts and screwed them down with no ill effects.

The banana plugs allow easy removal to switch speakers or amplifiers.

Just my .02

Yah true, there are 5 different ways to use these binding posts on the amp. But if i wasnt going to use plugs, i was going to use ferrules anyway. I have tinned copper ferrules for my wires. Just to keep things neat. I know the more conections that are made then the more chances of having a weak point. I figure with some real tinned "ag" silver-solid copper terminals, it should help reduce the chances slightly. 

Archived