Jump to content

Suggestions on front stage to keep up with 2 18s on a 4k


RooTxBeeR

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am trying to stay away from Pro audio gear. If that means I need 2 mids and 2 tweets per door I can do that, just have no idea where to start. Been a LOOOOOOOOONG time since I looked into gear for running active. Even amps. I have a DD dealer if anyone know of anything that would work from them. Open to any suggestions. Going in a daily car

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted
23 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Ive heard good things about the DD AW6.5 mids.

Any suggested tweeters to pair with those? Depending on the price I can get them for might do 2 a door.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted
4 hours ago, RooTxBeeR said:

Any suggested tweeters to pair with those? Depending on the price I can get them for might do 2 a door.

Not really. All i heard about was that the aw6.5 were really good and could hit strong midbass and get loud. The silk dome tweets are usually recommended if ur not looking for the ear bleeding super tweeter thoe of stuff. Maybe just find one that can take a good amount of power so it can have good output like the aw6.5. 

Posted
19 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Not really. All i heard about was that the aw6.5 were really good and could hit strong midbass and get loud. The silk dome tweets are usually recommended if ur not looking for the ear bleeding super tweeter thoe of stuff. Maybe just find one that can take a good amount of power so it can have good output like the aw6.5. 

I am looking at some, thinking about just grabing a pair of tweets and good 6.5's to try out on good power, if not throw another pair in with some more power and should probably be good by then.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

U could check if the ct sounds stuff is ln sale. Or those ssa evils6.5, i think thats what it was. Theres a thread here somewhere, alot of people were waiting for some reviews because they were new and super super cheap. If i remember correctly the guys here said they were very happy with them. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...