Double check my work.

Nishinga

I did an install in a friends vehicle about a month ago and hes starting to have problems, since im now married to this project I just wanted to have someone double check what I did because Im trying to diagnose the problem over the phone and am starting to second guess myself.

The setup is:

A older JVC headunit - front/rear RCAs to a NVX 800.4. (125x4 @ 4ohm)

Front left and right channels to a 8ohm Crescendo 6.5- to a 8ohm Crescendo FT1 crossover - to a 8ohm Crescendo FT1 in either front door

Rear left and right channel to a 4ohm Crescendo 6.5 in either rear door.

The high pass is set at 80hz and the gains are set properly with a DD-1.

The problem came up because the amp kept going into protect. After a while of diagnosing on the phone the end result is that we think the FT1's and/or the crossover are blown. 

I also found out that the radio was turned up a "few" clicks past the clipping point, which is what im assuming caused the problem.

I was told that the tweeters "weren't loud enough."

I assumed FT1's on that kind of power would be ear piercingly loud.

So thats where im starting to second guess that I hooked everything up right.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this. 

If there is a problem with something I did please let me know. If everything is right and you also think that pushing the radio volume past clipping caused this please let me know also.

At this point I plan to replace the crossovers and recone the tweeters and be more adamant about not going past the clipping point on the radio volume.

Archived