Hey all, just wanted to put up some pics of the install i did in my 03 cooper S.  Space was at quite a premium in this car, but I like to think I did my best :)

Stock 03 Cooper S (mods coming after all the reliability bugs are worked out)

HU: Alpine CDE-143BT

Front stage:  CT Sounds Meso 5.25" Components

Rear stage: Soundqubed triaxial 6x9s

Sub: CT Sounds Meso 6.5"

Sub amp: CT Sounds T300.1

Enclosure:  Custom by me, still needs carpet

Wires:  SHCA 12g speaker wire, 4ga power and ground

Stock alt, Factory replacement AGM in the boot

Now, onto the pics (sadly no pictures of the HU, 6x9s or component set going in, but they all fit in stock locations):

Here's the beefiest 5.25" component set I've ever owned.  They sound amazing, if not a little bright, on headunit power:

20161202_203743copy.jpg

This is showing the complicated nature of the box.  I asked for, and received, lots of quality advice.  Ultimately, a slightly smaller than recommended, sealed enclosure ended up being what fit my needs.  Unbelievably tho, it adds quite a bit of bottom end for what it is!  Everything is 99% done, install-wise, just have to carpet the box when I get a chance.  The painters tape is covering the bolt terminals for the speaker connections.  Also, this was my first successful kerf, albeit a small one, still... success!  

20170618_152219.jpg

20170618_152242.jpg

this is what the amp look like when in its  hiding spot.  not a whole lot of storage in this car.  The compartment that the amp is in on the drivers side had a matching twin on the passenger side that i had to cut the trim panel out from to fit the box in.  battery is right under the carpet in the boot area here.

20170618_152123copy.jpg

20170618_152135copy.jpg

Nice box!

Any pics of the dash? Ive been in a Mini one time and cant remember what it looks like. Where are the mids/highs located? Dash or doors?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Thanks, it was a total pain lol.  Like a crazy 3d puzzle once i got all the cuts done!

No pics of my dash personally, this is a stock photo i found (mine is a 6 speed, not auto like in the photo).  Also, you can kind of see the front stage locations in right of the pic,  woofer at the bottom of the door, and tweeter near the top.  The meso set fit with some slight modifications to the stock woofer mount and some strengthening to the tweeter pod

01412061990001.jpg

8 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Nice box!

Any pics of the dash? Ive been in a Mini one time and cant remember what it looks like. Where are the mids/highs located? Dash or doors?

i will say this, swapping the radio was not the easiest.  those stupid silver side posts have to come out and to do that you have to remove the center console, drop the glovebox door, drop the drivers knee bolster and all that comes with all that.  Definitely not the worst either tho

Sweet.  I was forced to move my sound stage down since I wanted more speaker in the door.  I'd like to have them higher up, but I needed more louds.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

4 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Sweet.  I was forced to move my sound stage down since I wanted more speaker in the door.  I'd like to have them higher up, but I needed more louds.

i totally feel ya.  the goal with the mini was mostly stock appearance since we do more driving with it and dont like to advertise the goods.  other than an smd sticker on the back window :D

Archived