onyx1silverado Posted October 5, 2017 Report Posted October 5, 2017 So, on my deck the sub level goes from -24 to +6. I'm getting ready to adjust the gains and I want to know if at the 0 setting the head unit would be putting out its full pre out voltage or is it at the +6. Or is the +6 more like a "boost" setting? Should I do the adjustment at 0 or +6 is what I'm asking in the end. Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp 2 DC level 2 12's Focal Access Components in the front Focal Access Coax in the rear doors Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75 XS Power D3400 under the hood Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground
reedal Posted October 5, 2017 Report Posted October 5, 2017 +6 will give you the higher preout voltage of 4v. On my 80prs, I leave it at zero, preout is still ~3VAC, but it allows my volume to go all the way to 62/62 without distorting, which to me is a plus since if someone else uses my vehicle, I don’t have to worry about them turning the volume up past it’s distorting point. I think at +6, I would get 40hz distorting at 52/62. Measured via DD-1 SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
onyx1silverado Posted October 6, 2017 Author Report Posted October 6, 2017 Yeah, I need to get a damn dd-1. I'd probably use a lot more than I think. Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp 2 DC level 2 12's Focal Access Components in the front Focal Access Coax in the rear doors Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75 XS Power D3400 under the hood Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground
xpoppadaddyx Posted October 6, 2017 Report Posted October 6, 2017 I have the same HU AVH-p4400bh and I leave mine at 0 when tuning with the DD-1. 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Build) 2013 Nissan Altima (Build) Poppa's YouTube Channel Poppa's FB Page Poppa's Instagram
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.