Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2014 Sierra crew can,  and i have listed my seats 3" higher with steel tubing and grade 8 bolts.i did this to build the best and buffer box for this truck.  I previously had 2 sundown x8 prior to me lifting the seats and i want to make something better that i can really feel. What's the best subs and what size that i can put in my truck to get deeper lows? Should i go with 4 8s, 2 10s, or 2 12s?

Posted

Go as big as u can fit but make sure u still have enough volume for the subs. Id measure the dimensions u have and calculate how much volume u have to work with, then you can select your sub models according to that. Different subs need different size boxes, also depending on the power u plan to feed the sub, that will also change ur optimum volume needed. Keep in mind you still need to account for port displacement if you want it ported. 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 11/2/2017 at 10:38 PM, TrillWill said:

I have a 2014 Sierra crew can,  and i have listed my seats 3" higher with steel tubing and grade 8 bolts.i did this to build the best and buffer box for this truck.  I previously had 2 sundown x8 prior to me lifting the seats and i want to make something better that i can really feel. What's the best subs and what size that i can put in my truck to get deeper lows? Should i go with 4 8s, 2 10s, or 2 12s?

I had a 2015 silverado bought a lift kit started to make a cardboard template for 4 8s under the seat.  The only problem with the new trucks is the floorboards are cut up on angles real bad.   I did a lot of research on this and you won't be able to go any bigger than 8s unless they are shallow subs and a sealed box.  But I think 4- 8s will work.  

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 841 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...