Back in 1995, $400 would get you amps such as the HiFonics Odin VIII, Rockford Fosgate Punch 60ix or an Autotek Model 66. We got our hands on the Autotek Model 66 and decided to check it out and test on the Dyno.

The Model 66 was part of the "Mean Machine" and "Bass Thrust" series of amplifiers. Models in this lineup ranged from 44 watts up to 600 watts RMS power at 4 ohms. These amps did not include an internal crossover, but did give owners the ability to boost Treble frequencies by 12dB and Bass (45Hz) by 18dB. 

Let's take a look at this "66 watt" amp and try it on the Amp Dyno to see how it performs!

Watch on YouTube in 1080/60HD or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

1 hour ago, Calrider76 said:

Nice vid again, love me some mid 90’s goodies!

Thanks bro. I never know what Amp Test will do well for YouTube. Many times I think the big amps are what people want to see, yet the Kicker "200 watt" tiny amp I tested a few weeks ago has over 200k views already. Sickness! I thought it might get 10k if I was lucky. I enjoy all of the amp tests I do and never assume any video will do any better than the others.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

I never would've considered these amps back in the day.  RF and Phoenix Gold had caught my eye (heart...wallet...) and there was nothing else in the world.  Nice to find one still working, and working well.  I DON'T miss those screw type terminals.  AT ALL.  Why did it take them so long to come up with something better?  Sigh.

Love the dyno vids.

you might know where I could find a clarion eq model 734-eqa it was the eq that had a 100 watt built in amp also.  built in late 1993 to late 1995.

I have the older big brother of this the BTS7300 sitting in my garage.  still powers up. but havent actually connected it to some subs.  thought about hooking it up in my gfs truck just to see if it actually plays.  would try it in mine but I have 0 qwg wire and the has 4 awg. and more room to work with.

Edited by 77-AUDIO

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg