Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Factory HU replacement in 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am looking to upgrade my factory HU to a pioneer deh-80prs, but my factory HU (a 7 inch touch screen) displays the the AC setting and temperature. The buttons for climate control are separate below the HU, the screen only displays which setting it is on and the temperature. What are my options?

Posted

I'm going to assume not many options. I have a 2010 Taurus wear you cannot remove the stock touchscreen unit because it houses the climate control. I am working on making a fiberglass mount for a double din on top of the dash to completely bypass the stock radio. 

 

Most of the newer radios have what they call "roll-off" to protect the stock speakers once they get to a certain volume. With that "roll off" you lose a lot of your bass output. I'm currently running a Rockford 360.3 and I'm still losing a lot. When I say a lot, I'm running a SounDigital 8800.1 and clamping about 3500w if that. 

Posted
48 minutes ago, sebringR/T said:

Most of the newer radios have what they call "roll-off" to protect the stock speakers once they get to a certain volume. With that "roll off" you lose a lot of your bass output. I'm currently running a Rockford 360.3 and I'm still losing a lot. When I say a lot, I'm running a SounDigital 8800.1 and clamping about 3500w if that. 

not really on topic with the OP, and kind of a thread jack, but if it's got a "roll off", wouldn't you just be able to just not turn it up to that roll off point and use the 360.3 as a line driver for your input signal, bumping the input AC voltage up enough to meet your amp's input voltage levels? or is it filtering out the lower frequencies?

 

on topic with OP though, if your controls are a separate unit, are you still able to see what the setting is just with the controls, or is the only way to know setting via the HU?

Posted

then your option is either run the 80PRS as a standalone HU, mounted somewhere else, but retaining the factory HU for your needs, or scrapping the 80PRS idea all together, and just running a DSP from your current HU. I recommend the DSP route. I love my PRS, but a DSP gives you much more flexibility in my opinion.

Posted

if you get the electrical diagrams for both vehicles, then maybe you can make it work if you trace out the wires that carry the signals you need. honestly though, you'll have more headache trying to make that work than you will just running a DSP with your factory head unit. an average DSP will shit all over the 80PRS.

Posted

then find a different place to mount the 80PRS if that's what you think you need for maximum sound quality. run it standalone from the stock HU. run everything from the 80prs to your amps, amps to speakers. or buy a different vehicle that doesn't combine radio and air conditioning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2186 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...