components all around or just front

bigtinybob

new to the site but fan of smd...? is I'm doing components in the front and thought about the same in the back which are 6x9s..is it worth adapting down to the 6 1/2 comp [speaker+tweeter+plate ] vs 6x9..i don't mind the extra few bucks and time but whats your opinion on it sound wise..will it be noticeable ...fosgate all around also   I like to stay with 1 brand of speakers since I have the front door set already

In reality if you set your front stage up properly you won't even hear them or need them. But if you want it louder vs a SQ set up or have rear passengers then put them in. Its all about preference. I have put rear amplified speakers in and most of the time it doesn't help the front stage and i spend more time and money. Wishing i had gone cheaper coax off rear HU power.

03lancerupgrade3019_zps35694a99.jpg

My 03 Lancer. I had speakers in the rear deck and it sounded horrible to me. Waves bounced off the glass and right to my ears. couldn't even hear the front stage. So i thought putting them in the rear doors would be better and it was.... but why? I didnt need them, just cost me more $C and time. Often think about buy new panels and abandoning them all together. No need for them especially after i finished the front stage. 

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg

Then you get addicted to this shit and end up with this. lol

T3 twts off a T400-4 getting 75 rms

T2 6.5" off a T400-2 @ 2 ohm each seeing about 125 rms

P3Sd4 off a T400-4 Stereo Bridged seeing about 250 rms

Shit can get crazy fast... lol

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

what type of vehicle?

2017 Nissan sentra  base model....the factory was horrible new headunit is already with my old amp and sub but the factory speakers are embarrassing  I already had the rf components here  

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

In reality if you set your front stage up properly you won't even hear them or need them. But if you want it louder vs a SQ set up or have rear passengers then put them in. Its all about preference. I have put rear amplified speakers in and most of the time it doesn't help the front stage and i spend more time and money. Wishing i had gone cheaper coax off rear HU power.

my thing is SQ  not so much just loud  since my fronts are the rf prime I'm fine with the head unit powering them for now

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg

Then you get addicted to this shit and end up with this. lol

T3 twts off a T400-4 getting 75 rms

T2 6.5" off a T400-2 @ 2 ohm each seeing about 125 rms

P3Sd4 off a T400-4 Stereo Bridged seeing about 250 rms

Shit can get crazy fast... lol

that's baddass lol

First off no disrespect bcbrassard a very knowledgeable member, but I have to disagree with the notion that you will not hear the rears and they don't matter SQ over SPL. The rears do matter because they can only make your overall sound worse If you don't change the rears when you change the fronts.  Better off not to have rear speakers if you only change the fronts. I don't think coaxial or component matters as much as keeping them the same brand and line of speaker. If you do punch components up front do the same level of punch coaxial or components in the rear. This will keep harmonics the same. 

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Of course you wouldn't the stock speaker in the rear unless you planned to disconnect and only run a front stage. And i do like rear fill in a system its just so slight its not worth puting a bunch of time and $ on. I agree with keeping same brand to sound better.

Archived