Sonic Electronix

custom placement/angles. FAST rings are proposed by mobile solutions to assist in directing the waves better. there's more to sound deadening than just a butyl based aluminum sheet, in case that's all you've done. take a look at all of the supplies second skin has to offer, and read up on what they all do. I don't know what you're referring to when you say "speaker baffles". a few different things come to mind, so a link or picture would be nice. proper EQ and power applied are big factors in the SQ department.

I love the boom matt foam baffles i have in my truck but there's a trick to getting them to sound good.

IMO you have to cut a small hole in the back of them, my 6.5 ones have a 3" by 1" slit cut in them then i lightly stuffed them with polyfill to help keep the dust out.

With no eq installed (yet) this is the pink noise response i get from my system. I also have the cab lined with 2 layers of 60 mil deadner.

B4AAE3E5-6215-4F80-9253-F345A8438259_zps

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Being as cheap as they are, I say go for it, and if you like the difference it makes, use it. Proper treatment of the inside of the door will produce a better effect, in my opinion. Doing a layer of butyl-based deadening inside the door skin, followed by a layer of CCF. This will aid in frequency response, get rid of the hollow sound, and allow the speaker to function in an infinite baffle space like it was likely designed for, rather than closing it off within an inch or less on all sides. it's a more costly route that way, but the results are worth it.

Archived