Second Skin Audio

12 inch p3 box

bigtinybob

7 minutes ago, bigtinybob said:

yeah if my headunit is 80 or 100 It sounds terrible ...so I'm just gonna go to a different shop this time and get my box..id rather do my own but building my own is not a option right now

Hopefully you have better luck, it is the nature of a prefab box to be tuned to high. Thats why enclosures are made to the subs specs and since no two subs are the same the prefabs general sound like shit. Look on RF's website for the cost of one of there enclosures.

so no luck with Rockford website I went back to the local car audio place and they said they would build me a box to the p3 spec ..after talking to the guy since they are Rockford dealers he said he would sell me one of the Rockford boxes for the same price as the custom one....and I couldn't be happier it hits so much harder and sounds so much cleaner and better  never had my wipers move with 1 12 lol   also seen a t2 that was sitting on my box ,things a beast 

IMG_2294.jpg22.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg22.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg22.jpg

On 3/23/2018 at 3:04 PM, bigtinybob said:

yeah if my headunit is 80 or 100 It sounds terrible ...so I'm just gonna go to a different shop this time and get my box..id rather do my own but building my own is not a option right now

Turning the headunit up to 80 or 100 could be introducing a clipped signal because of you over driving the internal amp of the headunit. You need to figure out where your headunit starts to clip (distort) and do not go above that volume and tune your amp at that level.

5 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Turning the headunit up to 80 or 100 could be introducing a clipped signal because of you over driving the internal amp of the headunit. You need to figure out where your headunit starts to clip (distort) and do not go above that volume and tune your amp at that level.

At any volume the 80-100 hertz setting was horrible. Now the new box it sounds great at 80

5 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Glad to hear it worked out. A properly tuned box designed for a specific sub is what its all about. What did they charge you?

125.  Considering I sold the old box and alpine sub for 150 I didn’t mind the higher price. 

11 hours ago, bigtinybob said:

At any volume the 80-100 hertz setting was horrible. Now the new box it sounds great at 80

125.  Considering I sold the old box and alpine sub for 150 I didn’t mind the higher price. 

Sorry misunderstood. Either way glad the new box is delivering for you.

Archived