Got the head unit installed the other day. It wasnt as simple as i thought it would be lol. Forgot i had to cut the metal bracket in the dash. Good thing i had just bought a tool for that kinda stuff.

0C86C5F8-1425-46B4-B6A7-FECC20102365.thumb.jpeg.d1328d1b9a2d05e3c4cf72b699756cf7.jpeg

8037A306-B8D3-4B41-B227-A4CEFB84C897.thumb.jpeg.fdb29b154ec85bb8a4f393544f0c3be3.jpeg

F3A00C72-1999-4909-9D89-FE181AEFD9B8.thumb.jpeg.e6947099b96eeae5fd27f3bd4e406fcf.jpeg

This tool worked perfectly and its super light and maneuverable and can reach down into small areas.

Its installed and working correctly after several issues lol. First the Metra axxess ASWC-1 module wouldnt recognize/connect to my steering controls. After trying all kinds of trouble shooting tips i started to double check the harness and pins to see if maybe Metra had pins in the wrong spot (seen several reviews stating that had happened). After a couple hours of getting pissed off lol, i disconnect the battery and reconnect it to reset things and try doing it slowly and EXACTLY as the directions state. And now i feel like a dumbass, it worked. 

TIP FOR USING METRA AXXESS ASWC-1 (if after you do the steps and the led doesnt stay solid red, instead it blinks from green to red to green to red continuousy until u turn the car off; try this)

When they say press a button for two seconds, they mean TWO, not four, not three, not 2.5 lol two seconds. And when they say stop pressing a button soon as the flashing stops, they mean EXACTLY as it stops. 

3E849125-D389-4C4C-B009-6BDD542DDEC0.thumb.jpeg.a3103a73bb5260c551381ea45c4d129c.jpeg

Woke up early this morning and went out to mess around with the 80prs and try to figure out why my front doors seem like theyre not playing, and why i still have rear doors playing when the 80prs only has a high range (my dash) and midrange (my frontdoor) speaker outputs from its internal amp. Turns out the Rams base system comes with the front doors and dash speakers on the same channel, not sure if theres a crossover but there must be something. 

Turns out the 80prs "high range" speaker output is feeding my dash and the front doors. So i had to drop the HIGH RANGES cross over point to as low as it would go so that it would feed the door some freaiencies too, the initial crossover on the 80prs had the xover way high so the front doors wasnt getting anything to play. Then the rear doors were running off the MID RANGES crossovers. And the LOW RANGE cross over is unused because im just using the internal amp right now with stock speakers, the 80prs doesnt have speaker outputs for LOW RANGE, only RCA output for lowrange.

After NOT reading the 80prs manual lol and just messing with the settings for a couple hours and figuring out how network1,2,3(4)works and what it does to the sound, i was able to make this base system BUUUUMP. It sounds fkn amazing for those pos base (not bose) speakers lol. I cant wait to see how the legatias sound.

It's been awhile since i read the instruction but if you go active i think the internal amps shuts off and you can't get any signal from the high outputs. But don't quote me on that.

Looks like a clean install. I know the PAC are killer units for integration. Metra are ok. Didn't have much luck last time i used one.

Keep up the good work. 

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

It's been awhile since i read the instruction but if you go active i think the internal amps shuts off and you can't get any signal from the high outputs. But don't quote me on that.

Looks like a clean install. I know the PAC are killer units for integration. Metra are ok. Didn't have much luck last time i used one.

Keep up the good work. 

Nah they still work when u flip the switch to network mode under the HU, but the channels flip on the 80prs speaker output. The high range channels become the mid range, and mids come high. You can though, still use the internal amp during network mode, but if ur going with all external amps then they recommend you shut off the internal amp(not sure how to yet, didnt read that instruction because im not putting amps in yet). I wouldve went with pac but the best "install kit" recommended by Crutchfield for this headunit with my truck was the metras. I tried figuring out if pac would do everything the metra could but i couldnt find answers. 

Archived