Sign in to follow this  
Phaeton

Old school Eclipse 15" subwoofer specs help

Hey everyone! i have this old sub in my collection and i'm going to build a box for it in my truck, but i cannot for the life of me find the specs, after days of frustrating googles i can only find subs with the the 12 spoke basket. anyone have any info on this fella? is it the same specs as the 12 spoke?

IMG_20180412_144735.jpg

IMG_20180412_141804.jpg

From what I found.
Its a single 6 ohm coil meant for smaller sized sealed enclosures at .75, 1.0, or 1.5 cubic feet.

FS - 27hz
Qts - .35
DCR - 3.1
Vas - 6.06 cu ft
Xmax (1 way) 1.17"
Continuous power 500w (Eclipse always rated per coil)

DVC version is same except
Fs - 27
Qts - 42

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
    • By dylan33
      Hey so I've only been having this issue since I switched out my subs and amplifier from a kenwood excelon set up to the rockford amp and subs. Whats happening is the amp BANGS all day no matter what at the lows but the moment it gets to a higher frequency seems like a punchier frequency (I wish i Knew what frequency it was but i Just know its not the low end probably way closer to 80hz), it goes into PROTECTION mode. I thought at first it wasn't getting enough voltage and my battery tested at 50% cause i do have a battery tester at our shop, so I changed my battery today and I'm still having the same issue. I know its not my wiring because i had no problems with others amps and subs ect. Rockfords support tech keeps saying its clipping at this certain frequency, which I'm not eliminating yet, but the thing is I have my gain set to just under 7, and it was still doing the same thing even when i had the gain set to under 5. and it doesnt hit nearly as hard as it should be unless i turn the gain closer to over half. I just want to know what i can eliminate and what i should try if you guys are familiar with this issue. If my amp is clipping why wouldnt it be clipping on the lows and only does it on the highs? Another thing is it hardly does it when I'm parked, mailny does it when I'm driving which is really irritating because I want it when I'm driving I could care less about being parked as this is just my daily driver. Any advice would help. The other 3 installers at my shop said battery and rockford only said clipping.. I also tested my alternator with our snap on tester and it also tested good. All that rockford said was too turn down the gain but I know those subs can handle what I'm giving them at least I would think.. Radio is outputting full 5.0 volts
      Gain = ~60%
      Lpf = ~25%
      Punch EQ = 0
      subsonic filter = 50%
      2005 Dodge Stratus 
      2 Rockford Fosgate P3D412s with RF R1200 Prime Amplifier
      4 gauge rockford power and ground wire 12 gauge rf speaker wire down to 1 ohm
      Kenwood Exceleon kdc x501 subwoofer level set to +10 sub lpf set to through 
    • By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 

i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!

and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• By dylan33
      I was wondering if it is okay to play my subs if they are metering 3.2 - 3.0 ohms right around there. they are normally 4 ohm the mtx audio thunder 7500 12. I have 2 wired down to 1 ohm and when wired at the amp Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200 it meters 1 ohm but if i meter the speakers separately when wired up they read 1.4. I'm just wondering if i do decide to hook them up should i wire them to 4 ohm or keep them at 1?
    • By Bl800dy
      I’m buying 4 2ohm subs yet I’m putting them in two separate boxes I’m going to wire it down to 1 ohm but the problem is how would I do it since there’s two separate boxes?
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 264 Guests (See full list)

•