150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

14 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

very least, ... glue the tnuts in,... ive still had them come lose and spin, doing even that,... but,...... at least , do that......  that said, enclosure looks good man...

ive had the fucking glue get in the inside of the thread and as many subs as i have been through let me tell you that was NOT fun.. there were many gun shots let off that day

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

MDF is soft also so T nuts wreck it

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thank you for the insight on the t-nuts.  All of those reasons not to use them are entirely valid.  When building helicopters for Boeing, we used something similar to t-nuts very often but the type we used had 3 little holes drilled on the flange, instead of the spikes, which got screwed into the piece...and also epoxied.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

3 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Going to take them out and fill with wood glue

Yea, for other uses they can be good, but they will wreck that MDF then you have to add a new layer or your whole box is shit if you cant screw your subs in any longer.  =(

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Ok... Noobie growing pains. Added a ground distro block so I could double up grounds to my mono block but didn't have enough wire to add a second ground from chasis to block. Needless to say I got engine whine and ground noise as well. Turns out a lot of engine whine  and that gurgle noise is the alternator charging the batteries. How'd I come to this conclusion? Decided to tune a lil while charging batteries and wow!! You can really hear the juices inside taking the charge. Took the battery grounds off of the distro and problem solved. My biggest problem rt now tho is ultimately deciding what I really want to do. Went to a show down4sound held over the weekend and you guys are right... One dude had a zv5 15 on like 3k minimal and told me he was only hitting mid 40's in an Impala firing forward. Got low as shit tho. Might take advice from all you experienced enthusiasts and just have fun with it. Nice clean good sounding single sub setup. 

You will also be competing with the rattles...the more juice the more rattles.  I have only one 12" at the moment, with only 500 cea rms watts to it...and despite having matted most of the car, there are still more rattles to chase out.  I mention this because your maxima and my i30 are very similar and you are certainly chasing out the same rattles.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Interior trim pieces rattle like crazy. They may not start right off the bat but give it a month or so.

Yeah now that the trunk is decently solid, other shit started to rattle lol. New box is too big for the trunk. Takes up all real estate so for the time being I have a single sub. I built the box to Max trunk opening dimensions and I don't like it when it's in there. Doesn't maximize space. Don't want  to build box in trunk because I put my battery in the spare tire well. Like I said... Figuring it out. Pics soon

Archived