Sonic Electronix

Any kind of adhesive L-shape thing to keep my rear roof headliner from sagging?

The rear rooftop headliner of my car keeps sagging and I've tried to replace the two clips with a bunch of different ones but it still sags over time because the bass would wobble the clip loose.

Are there any 3M type tape with a bracket thing where I can just stick it to the very top of my rear windshield so that it holds my headliner in place?

I've also tried to velcro that shit up but over time the adhesive goes bad and it unsticks itself.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Could you take a picture or video for a better idea of the issue?

If you have two flat surfaces to apply something to i know those 3M command adhesive strips are pretty awesome, at least for the wall hooks they sell with them maybe one of those modified would help?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

13 minutes ago, Markous said:

Could you take a picture or video for a better idea of the issue?

If you have two flat surfaces to apply something to i know those 3M command adhesive strips are pretty awesome, at least for the wall hooks they sell with them maybe one of those modified would help?

If you look at my Dashcam on the right where I tugged the wire under the headliner...

The headliner is 'sagging' a bit near the back. I was hoping to find something where I can tape to the very top edge of the rear windshield that can hold the headliner up.

rear-flash-1.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Maybe a possible solution, if there is a second layer of sheet metal between the roof and the liner with some gap maybe drilling a couple of holes in the metal and liner and using panel clips might work? it would also retain a somewhat stock look.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

If u got some couch money to spare, grab yourself a can of 3M 777 Adhesive spray....that shit is strong.  Can u get a pic of the inside possible so we can see what your working with.  When my headliner was sagging in the back, the clip had popped out.  Popped it back in and never had an issue again.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

The problem is I think I tried to add some cheapo Elemental Designs eDead sound deadening on the bottom of the headliner making it too heavy and over time it sagged and warped the headliner. I can't take the sound deadening out from under the headliner either. I tried to spray some of that Second Skin adhesive spray a while back too and it didn't work.

Archived