Second Skin Audio

Quick aeroport question

Well I found a basic 1.5 cf box design for 2 8s online. Not necessarily for 2 dcs, built it. and it's OK but I know theyd perform better in better enclosure. Any chance you could help me out? if 2 4" aeros wouldn't work. I have room to have them in and out of the box. But I would definitely build another slot port to specs 

Rebuild in progress...

For daily, single 4" aero it´s perfect for a pair of nice 8s , if you want something louder you can use both aeros but tuning will get too high and also F3, unless you build a 4th, that´s exactly what i did with my pair of 8s, i could hairtrick on a 2k amplifier and a single battery, car burped 144.5 @ 32 hz legal.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

3 hours ago, Ludachris5150 said:

Well I found a basic 1.5 cf box design for 2 8s online. Not necessarily for 2 dcs, built it. and it's OK but I know theyd perform better in better enclosure. Any chance you could help me out? if 2 4" aeros wouldn't work. I have room to have them in and out of the box. But I would definitely build another slot port to specs 

It would be worth rebuilding if your port area is more than a few square inches below 32 or the effective net space is below 0.75 per driver. If you have a sketch of your box with dims, that would be great, its not really worth rebuilding if you are not getting enough of an advantage.

• 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:56 AM, fecupe2001 said:

For daily, single 4" aero it´s perfect for a pair of nice 8s , if you want something louder you can use both aeros but tuning will get too high and also F3, unless you build a 4th, that´s exactly what i did with my pair of 8s, i could hairtrick on a 2k amplifier and a single battery, car burped 144.5 @ 32 hz legal.

What kind of 8's? Looking at a pair of x8's on 750 rms or so a piece. You did a 4th order with aeroports or just a 4th order? (Just want to make sure I'm reading that right)

Archived