Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys!

So recently I got myself a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3 D4 subs, and started to play with them a little. 

However I can't quite see the numbers I was hoping for. I got to thinking what can cause this little anomaly. I am thinking maybe it is my battery, because everything else semms to be okay.

My setup consists of 2 RF P3D4 subs, a Hifonics Brurus BRX2016.1D, and an XS power D975. I choose theese things because it seems to fit together just fine to cover the 1000-1500 watt range, but apperently I was wrong somewhere. 

All of this is currently out of a car, so maybe it is the problem. However, I have seen many videos where people get their equipment out form a car for a period of time, and they can reproduce almost the same power, and that is the reason I am worried a bit by now.

It also can be a tuning problem, because I only owe a multimeter ( whitch is a True RMS meter by the way) and a clamp, but I doubt is is the real reason.

Thank you for your answers in advance! I hope you can help me out! ?

 

Posted

are you trying to clamp test?

are the subs in a box? ported or sealed? free air?

if trying to clamp test you really need a o-scope to find the power factor to get a correct wattage measurement

Posted
7 minutes ago, AlpineNut said:

Well the amp will kill the battery over time if it is drained enough while not being in the car connected to the alternator , you need a charger on the battery as well.

https://4xspower.com/shop/12v-agm/d-series/d975/

https://4xspower.com/shop/product-category/charging/intelli-chargers/

Yes I know that!

I already have a dedicated AGM battery charger. So I think it will not be a problem.

But I still don't know why it is not doing at least 1kW, cause it is not a discharge problem for shure. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, AlpineNut said:

Well the amp will kill the battery over time if it is drained enough while not being in the car connected to the alternator , you need a charger on the battery as well.

https://4xspower.com/shop/12v-agm/d-series/d975/

https://4xspower.com/shop/product-category/charging/intelli-chargers/

X2 as well I would recommend a charger with a min of 15 amp charge rate when trying to test amps and subs off a battery.

Posted
Just now, Rosati21 said:

are you trying to clamp test?

are the subs in a box? ported or sealed? free air?

if trying to clamp test you really need a o-scope to find the power factor to get a correct wattage measurement

Yes, I've tried a clamp test, may times in fact.

I don't have an o-scope yet, but I plan on getting one.

The subs are in a ported box.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rosati21 said:

X2 as well I would recommend a charger with a min of 15 amp charge rate when trying to test amps and subs off a battery.

I could only get a 3.8 Amp charger unfortunately. Because it was the olny inteligent charger in my local store, that shuts off when an AGM needs it.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Rosati21 said:

are the subs wired up into a 4 ohm load or 1 ohm load?

Well I tried a 1 Ohm load, and now they are wired to 2 Ohms/sub and each connected to one outlet of the amp, because this BRX2016.1D got two outlets.

The AC is around 37 volts or so. After I tuned it with my multimeter. 

Posted

the 2 speaker connections on the amp are causing the subs to be wired in parallel so the amp is seeing a 1 ohm load, but the amp may not be putting out 2000 watts like hifonics says.

did you set the gain correctly and do you know where the head unit clips at? are you using a 40hZ tone to clamp test?

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...