Sonic Electronix

12 minutes ago, Krisztián Arnold said:

Well I tried a 1 Ohm load, and now they are wired to 2 Ohms/sub and each connected to one outlet of the amp, because this BRX2016.1D got two outlets.

The AC is around 37 volts or so. After I tuned it with my multimeter. 

based on my calc program with 37 volts at a 1 ohm load you are getting roughly 685 volts(not 100% accurate +/- 10% diff)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rosati21 said:

the 2 speaker connections on the amp are causing the subs to be wired in parallel so the amp is seeing a 1 ohm load, but the amp may not be putting out 2000 watts like hifonics says.

did you set the gain correctly and do you know where the head unit clips at? are you using a 40hZ tone to clamp test?

So in my case the amp sees 1 Ohm or 4? You lost me there. ?
I am not using a head unit to provide signal, but a PC. 
I've used 40Hz 0db, 35Hz 0db, 40Hz -5 db, 35Hz -5db, but none of them worked out to put the numbers up, where I wanted them to be during the clamp test.
Maybe it is not putting out that much, but I watched a video from BigDWiz, whete he tests the 3k one, and it is very close to rated RMS! At 1 ohm it outperformed the rating. 

3 minutes ago, Rosati21 said:

based on my calc program with 37 volts at a 1 ohm load you are getting roughly 685 volts(not 100% accurate +/- 10% diff)

Did you ask the AC output from the amp to the subs? Or you meant the AC that I am feeding to it? 

Cause I am feeding it 12.6-12.9V DC. (depending on the carge state of the battery)

your amp is seeing a 1 ohm load, I love the12volt.com website, it had almost anything that you will need to set up the sub wiring, box tuning, and ohm law.

you need to make sure your gain is set up correctly on the amp, I use a dd-1 or an o-scope to set mine.

I just watched the same video lol and it was about 900 watts low from what Hifonics stated but there again, they don't say if it is RMS or Max Wattage ratings, you can NEVER trust MAX ratings on amps or subs, most times MAX numbers are achieved by having the gain turned all the way up(way into clipping) 

5 minutes ago, Krisztián Arnold said:

Did you ask the AC output from the amp to the subs? Or you meant the AC that I am feeding to it? 

Cause I am feeding it 12.6-12.9V DC. (depending on the carge state of the battery)

AC output from the amp lol and the other issue you could be having is your battery voltage is only 12.6 - 12.9 volts, really should be testing around 14 volts dc

something I have done before is take a pair of jumper cables and start you vehicle and connect them to the test battery and then clamp test the amp.

but another thing is a sub is not a consistent load, the resistance constantly changes as the sub moves.

13 minutes ago, Rosati21 said:

your amp is seeing a 1 ohm load, I love the12volt.com website, it had almost anything that you will need to set up the sub wiring, box tuning, and ohm law.

you need to make sure your gain is set up correctly on the amp, I use a dd-1 or an o-scope to set mine.

I just watched the same video lol and it was about 900 watts low from what Hifonics stated but there again, they don't say if it is RMS or Max Wattage ratings, you can NEVER trust MAX ratings on amps or subs, most times MAX numbers are achieved by having the gain turned all the way up(way into clipping) 

I know that you should always go for the RMS rating, but on the box is says 2000 W at 1 ohm.
Also it did great on music, and that is what I would like to do with my subs, not burping them. 

12 minutes ago, Rosati21 said:

AC output from the amp lol and the other issue you could be having is your battery voltage is only 12.6 - 12.9 volts, really should be testing around 14 volts dc

something I have done before is take a pair of jumper cables and start you vehicle and connect them to the test battery and then clamp test the amp.

but another thing is a sub is not a consistent load, the resistance constantly changes as the sub moves.

And that is what I am after in this topic. ?
So I would only like to know if it is possible to run an amp JUST from a dedicated AGM car audio battery. 
In my case XS power claims to be able to handle loads fom 1000W to 2000W, however in reality I can not see that.

My problem is exactly this, what I wrote down above. Everything seems to fin perfectly together however I can't see teh claimed numbers.
And I also got 1/0 KnuKonceptz 100% oxigen free copper cables. That can no be a problem either. 

Archived