Wiring two different sets of woofers for a lower impedance help

Joshdashef

Currently my setup is a set of t2 components ran active off a p600x4. 

I was wondering if I could wire a set of 6.5 coaxials in my rear deck in parallel so that the two 4-ohm speakers create a 2-ohm load on the amplifier.

Would this be okay even though the speakers are basically half a car length apart? One in the doors and one in the rear deck. 

Or am I better off running another 2-channel amp for my tweeters and the p600x4 for all my 6.5s?

Side note, the t2 component 6.5s are 100 rms 200 peak; tweeters are 75 rms 150 peak. The coaxial 6.5s I am considering are the T1650 (75 rms 150 peak).

if you are runing active and have a lpf on your front components then your rear coaxials wont play any highs unless i read our post wrong.

11 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

if you are runing active and have a lpf on your front components then your rear coaxials wont play any highs unless i read our post wrong.

You're right about that.

I guess if I were to upgrade I would have to use another 2 channel amp for my tweeters. That way I can use either an rca splitter or the amps output rcas to plug into both the front and rears.

Run your rears off of radio power.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 month later...

Archived