Lets Talk About Vintage Car Audio

all for the closet

Here's a first generation Linear Power PAII

After talking to TIPS appearantly its a pretty rare piece because of it's guts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a NIB Linear Power PAII-R - basicly a PAII with each knob on a remote cable so you can mount them in anyway and anywhere. This is my second one. I have a modd'd PAII-R in the bird.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Bass Boom Bottom was "Power Supply" I do remember DJ Magic Mike and the first "Feel The Bass (The Speaker Terror Upper)" back in '89, I had the Kicker's (with the gold letters) but I also remember Pyramid Phase III subs, Jensens but the bonus question who remembers "Mark Fukuda"?

Yep. I am only 27, but yes. A legend to me. First wall in a mag that I saw. More later about it.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

my first system round 'bout 89.was 18 put it in my 74' formula 400 firebird 2 lanzar 12's lanzar mids/tweets pioneer 6 x 9's clarion 972trt (or sumthin like that) thought i was cool with my pull out..sanyo amps for mids/highs and the subs....anybody remember a place called wet-n-wild here in vegas??mid 80's had shows every weekend without fail...anyone mention cerwin-vega?or the shop in vegas called rolling thunder,owner was a cocaine freak with a wall of 12 12's,his mullet would fly every note..i miss the 80's

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

This is all I have left in my closet.

A pair of never used M&M 12" Poly's.

I also have an old Alpine Pullout CD player (not sure of the model) and a Linear Power 452iq in the attic.

What I don't have anymore is 4 15" M&M Godfathers, Linear Power 3002 and 1 Linear Power 452iq's. Those were stolen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

ooohhhh the memories!!!

Those were the days...pulling up to the high school bumping Dj Magic Mike drop the bass. Bumping my kicker c12a's off a Earthquake 2150 and rolling on the five stars w/ the 195/50/15's in a slammed s10 that rode like a tank...i thought I was the shit LOL. :rolleyes:

1996 Chevy blazer

Pioneer deck dehp6800mp

clarion eq

Hifonics BXI1606d (Subs)

1 18" RE MT

Box specs: 6.7cuft @35hz 14.2sqin of port per cuft (Noobtastic design)

Crunch GP1400.4 (Mids & Highs)

Boston Acoustic mids and highs

Stock alt

Stinger SP800

Bunch of 0 and 4 gauge wire

remt.jpg

DAMN!!! lots of cool shit in this thread! makes me wanna dig out some of my old stuff. Alpine 7949. Infinity Beta Fifteens. Boston Pro6.5 and a few old amps

I just pulled out my 7949E the other week! Had it attached to a ERA-320G processor which fed an Earthquake 3-way active crossover! Old school goodness!

For a short time I had the 7949+ERA feeding an RF 360.2 - a real fusion of new and old :lol:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 4 weeks later...

in 94 I was in 10th grade I had a vw bug and had already had 2 kenwood house speakers running off of a punch 45 amp then went to 2 Hollywood sound labs 12s

I have used Hollywood stuff for years!! even after they shut down for a while. One of the original owners bought back into the Company and you should see there new Line I have a Proto-Type 10 testing it for them and I must say it is real nice to see and OLD School Company get back into the Audio Scene and do it Right! If I can I will try to post some pics of the proto -types. I do know they are going to make a few changes before they release them in April!!

Love Old School Stuff I also have a Cobalt amp That I love!!

I remember selling the old Black Magic back in the day, fuck I miss those guys. They were like a dream to work with as far as being a dealer goes and their shit sounded great. We were just talking about the good ole days of car audio at our shop and how all the reps have gotten cheap and our lines don't do trainings or spiff programs any more. Fuck to get a free tee shirt is like pulling teeth now a days.

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

Archived