Lets Talk About Vintage Car Audio

nakamichi. was my first sytem. i love it even to this day. it was quite expensive but if you had this product in my area you were the shit. i had everylast piece of nakamichi they offered. this was before you had wire harnesses. i had to cut and splice the wiring and make my own dash kits.

----reference's----

meade916

:lol: lol you could probably just show up and that'll be old school enough lol :lol:

ahhh....now that right there, thats fucked up. :lol:

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Old School to me is Lanzar OPTI DRIVES, Pioneer subs with the Gold Pioneer symbols on the dustcovers, Kicker Xs100's, Pioneer GMH-100's...Multiple sub setups with 1000 watts to drive them. Back when you didn't have to have 4000 watts to move 6 12's...Cheater amps..Those days are gone. WHEN MADE IN USA REALLY WAS MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Majestic was a brand here in Fresno I saw a lot of back when.

I have some of the Auto Sound and Security magazines back to '89. An '89 issue with the Alpine SC T-Bird on the cover was the reason I got a bird.

Who remembers the name Roger Bridges in CA? Dark redish S10 Blazer walled with 6 Strokers and Linear 800SW's hittin' 150's which was Loud back then.

I worked with a guy at my old office that drove to Modesto in 1978 (if i remember right) Robert Zeff came out in a lab coat and installed the amp himself. On his was back to Fresno it died, this happend a few times. He scrapped it and put a Linear Power in. I think it was running some 6x9's and some 8's. He kept calling it a "Power Booster" not an amp.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Ahh yes i remember those days...Where if you had a Power 650 or a Power 1000 you were ballin...Anyone of you guys remember those amps?...I actually traded my Sega Genesis for a stolen HiFonics HERCULES amp.. That lil 200 watt fucker blew up my older brothers Power sereies 15's..

Linear Power!!! Every body wanted a XO3, PA2 and a 4.1HVS!! My brother still has a XO3 and PA2! Very good processors!! And also the first AudioControl Epicenter! I still got mine!

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

Who remembers the name Roger Bridges in CA?

I had that same magazine with Roger in it. Roger is still around today and was still competing up until a couple of years ago He works for Crossfire now.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

man the hot shots..

what a pos. lol

I got started in 94 just the tailend of goodtimes.

blue cone orion extremes, old alpine v12, a zap z50 and a alpine h/u cd. First setup I ever had.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ahh yes i remember those days...Where if you had a Power 650 or a Power 1000 you were ballin...Anyone of you guys remember those amps?...

I had a Power 650 on 2 15's and a Power 650 on mids/highs in an S-10 in 1989ish. :)

btw....this was a WALL in a regular cab S-10. I still have pics. Damn i need a scanner.

Archived