Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got a couple questions.  I have had the same amp for 10+ years and just now recently have a problem.  I have never had an issue with the setup but when I went to move the truck to cut the grass my subs started popping every second or so. I did a visual check and didn't see anything pinched,  frayed, or broken.  Everything has worked just fine until now.  It is a Kicker zx750.1 on 2 CVR 12's. I haven't brutalized the system which is probably why it has lasted 10 years. I unhooked the RCA 's and it still happened.  I've tried taking the remote wire off and start the amp manually and it still did it. What could possibly cause it? What else can I check? I do have plans on upgrading the system front to back but I wanted this to last until I could get my new equipment.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Posted

What is the amp showing during the pops? Check the status of the led's then check your connections. 

Solid red led = stuck in protect

Bouncing back from red to green = possibly loose connection or loose terminal on the board, could still be a bad amp.

If you have the remote input set to 12v and not auto turn-on, yet the subs still pop with only power and ground then that amp is suspect.

 

Posted

The light stays green but at every pop, it dims down. Never goes into protect. 12v remote is all I have for turn on, no selector for any other way. Any time power is on it continuously pops until I turn off the radio. 

Posted

It might be the caps inside going bad after all this time, that is what I think happened to my Kicker KX350.4 it kept popping and then just stopped working.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Posted

The upside is amps have never been cheaper so you can snag something comparable watt wise and it will probably run more efficiently and may even sound better.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Posted
7 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

The upside is amps have never been cheaper so you can snag something comparable watt wise and it will probably run more efficiently and may even sound better.

I am actually surprised it lasted this long. I bought it before I knew what the hell I was doing so I have been running it at 1ohm for 10+years and it's only rated at 2ohm stable. I just need one to get by until I get my other equipment.  I already have an alternator being built and got all my wires, rca's, batteries,  and miscellaneous stuff at the house. I should be ordering my equipment in the next month or so.

Posted

Not bad! I looked up the specs and it was only rated for 2 ohm so you did ok! What amp/subs are you looking at next?

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...