schwarzl Posted July 31, 2018 Report Posted July 31, 2018 Ok, I got a good deal on a XFL15 so I picked it up. I'm looking at trying to get 2 15's squeezed into the trunk of my 2006 Jetta. I am going to have the subs firing into the cabin and port through the deck by the rear window. Can someone double check that my design will work out and that I filled the info out correctly on the Torres Calculator. I will also add an awesome image that I hand sketch so that you can get the idea of what's going on with my box design on how I am thinking of running the port.
bmwking Posted August 1, 2018 Report Posted August 1, 2018 change common ports walls to 3 for a slot port
schwarzl Posted August 1, 2018 Author Report Posted August 1, 2018 Ok thanks. And in the picture I drew up, the port is in the middle of the box coming down to the bottom turning into an L and running along the bottom of the box. Are those measurements correct that I have written down? Although I think the bottom should be 4.25" instead of 5 because of the 3/4" top piece that the port runs through.
mestapho Posted August 1, 2018 Report Posted August 1, 2018 Your port length is 30” in Torres and 23ish in your sketch are your measurements internal or external?
schwarzl Posted August 1, 2018 Author Report Posted August 1, 2018 The port measurements in my drawing are external. Torres always confuses me because in I have the port length as 30, but than they give the physical length of 21.25".
ckeeler11 Posted August 1, 2018 Report Posted August 1, 2018 Torres calculates the port length down the centerline of the port. the physical port length is the total length of the pieces of wood used. 14 hours ago, bmwking said: change common ports walls to 3 for a slot port As drawn, with port in the middle of the box not touching any walls it would be 0 maybe 1 for the back part but would not make a drastic difference. he woul dbe better off having the port on a wall instead of in the middle.
schwarzl Posted August 3, 2018 Author Report Posted August 3, 2018 I could put the port in the middle firing into the cabin with each 15 in there own chambers. I just can do a side port because of how the trunk curves at the sides.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.