Second Skin Audio

Zv5 12 SPL surround box help (Joe X?)

bentandbroken

Hey y'all my laptop that i had old my programs on finally bit the dust. Kinda left me in a bind as i was working on a box for my new sub. I know Joe X used to help with box design and there are sure to be others that can help me out. Heres the setup:

Vehicle: 2005 Mini Cooper S Hatchback

Max External: H=18-20" W=35" D=24"  there is wiggle room in the height and i have 10' of 6 inch aero port laying around.

Sub: single Sundown 12" Zv5 D2 with SPL surround

Amp: Sundown SCV3000D at 1 ohm

Tuning goals: Not looking for the lowest tuning just wanting to be loud on music. most my music is 30-60hz i think. Nothing should be lower than high 20s. I'm more interested in having a well designed box that allows the woofer to play its best on the power i'm giving it. That being said i don't have a preference for sub or port placement but have historically used sub up port up and sub back port back.

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

5 minutes ago, bentandbroken said:

What info am I missing? I thought I had covered my bases there. Sorry

well, how is anyone gonna help you with box plans if they dont know your max workable dimensions?  or goals?  or preferred tuning frequency?  at least you have, presumably, the amp youll be using to power said sub in the same photo.

it's like walking into a hospital and saying "i need one surgery please" and showing them a picture of only a leg.

2 hours ago, Joe X said:

Since your sub is custom you should post T/S parameters for it.

I sent a request for them to Sundown. I know all they change is the surround but you are right that would alter the T/S parameters from stock. I’ll let you know if I get a reply.

I didn't get a response to my initial inquiry via the website email system i sent a on the 21st. I just sent an email to the sundownz email directly and hopefully I will get a response. If not i may start a thread in the sundown forum and see if i get a response. I want to give him plenty of time to respond though as i know he is busy and i'm sure his email gets swamped. 

Archived