Second Skin Audio

15 Options

dnewell2004

So I decided against an 18. Gonna do a single 15 in a ported box on my Diamond Audio D3 1000.1 in my odyssey. Thought I was settled between Sundown or American Bass but just came across PSI and FI. Not trying to start arguments, I've just been out of the game for a while. Hell Audiobahn and MA Audio we're still in business the last time I was buying new stuff. I just need a little help. Thanks.

Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?"

Me: "What is your ohm load?"

Them: "What's an ohm load?"

All four of those companies make a good product. 

What specifically do you want to know?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you are still on a bottom end budget you could do two Soundqubed HDS2.1 15", those are $104 each and are 600W, would fit nicely your amp and give pretty decent output for the power. Soundqubed is a reputable company as American bass is.

A single 15" on a large vehicle is likely not going to cut it as far as output goes unless you pick a higher end driver and go for higher power.

Fi are high quality drivers made for improved sound quality but cost will be higher. PSI are more expensive as well.

Yes Joe still small budget. Scared to do multiple in case I get a car and can't fit them in when the van blows (230k miles). It's my daily driver. Not wanting to compete. Just like it loud. Good sq. Running factory highs on a Diamond 4 ch. FI has the alpha series on sale right now. PSI would be a stretch but look interesting.

A single 15" can be roughly comparable to two 10s output wise on similar power, two 12s would fit in a trunk car as well as another option.

On the alpha I am pretty sure is a good sub but I don't see those being used that much I wonder why, also I would like to know whats the 16-24mm Xmax. 

Thought the xmax was strange too. I just took 4 pioneer 12's out cause my wife blew her old MB Quart 10's and I thought "hmm let's make this a win for me. Give her 2 of the 12s keep 2 for back ups and buy me new stuff..." But I've always liked 15s. I wasn't super happy with them. They we're loud but didn't hit the lows like I want. I had a Diamond D6 15 in my Civic, ran a mofo before(wasn't impressed) and alot of MTX. My Civic build is on here 

So I'm somewhat good at it just been out of the game like I said and stuff has changed alot.

Archived