Second Skin Audio

Went with the XFL 1522. Now tuning help please

dnewell2004

I decided on the XFL 15 Dual 2. In the past I never tuned anything just built a box close to spec and made it fit. Now I wanna try and tune this to 32ish instead of winging it. I have 42x22.5x what ever I need for height in the back of the van. Was thinking sub up, port back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?"

Me: "What is your ohm load?"

Them: "What's an ohm load?"

in an open cab like that i've had great results with sub back port back.

that being said, that's just my experience.

I don't remember what amp you're using to power it, what's the rms rating at 1 ohm of it?

also, per American Bass's website this is one suggested enclosure (some of the other pros on here may be able to get you a more specific design):

SPL 1-15" Box Design
  • Outer Dimensions 1" MDF
  • Length 32"
  • Height 18"
  • Depth 17"
  • Port Size
  • Wide 3"
  • Height 15"
  • Depth 14"

Diamond D3 1000.1 its 1000rms 1ohm. I've considered both back but I figured I could build a cover for it if I needed to put something back there if it was sub up

Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?"

Me: "What is your ohm load?"

Them: "What's an ohm load?"

should do nicely.  if youre lucky Joe X or Triticum will chime in with a really good design.  I know that i used ABs street pounder style box for 2 12" xfls, but i dont know how generic their single 15 box is and after plugging it in to Torres it gives you 3.53 cu ft net (before sub and bracing displacement which i can find nothing on the line about the sub displacement for an xfl), and tuned to 42hz.  for me that's simply too high.  im a mid 30s guy.  you wanting 32hz is gonna require someone with more knowledge than me to chime in ?

Archived