Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fi SP4 Box


FreeZzy

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi
I want to make a new box for my Fi SP4 15" and I need a little help because the technical specifications are not my strong point

The outside dimensions of the box can go up to 820mm width, 440mm height and 440mm depth (wood thickness 18mm)
So I did a first try on RE Audio box calculator and I got that (picture)
I'll put a double baffle for the subwoofer plate
Thank you

box.jpg

Posted

So here is a suggestion bare minimum size due to your space constraints, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 9 cm, figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

 

sp4.jpg

 

1x15SFPF.jpg

Posted

Thank you so much for your help but I'm pretty sure the depth and height gonna be a problem

Because my height is 44 max and can't be more than that and depth 44 maybe 45 I can try 46..

Posted

Build a cardboard test box and let me know what will work,  I can change the dims as you need but can't make it so much smaller it's already at the minimum recommended, how much power you intend to run?

Posted

I have a Rockford T2500 (3300rms)

I have a box actually but it's 80x44x44 tuned at 32hz

And before this box I had 90x44x44, but it's to wide to go between wheel arch

Posted

So here is a second suggestion still bare minimum size, see if mods help you fit the box, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 8.8 cm, figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

 

sp4.jpg

 

1x15SFPF.jpg

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6830 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...