Second Skin Audio

Torres box designer double baffle help

David Stone

So I used Torres to design a box using a 6" bigass port for two Infinity Kappa 1000w's. I put in 1 for number of extra baffles and set my wood thickness to .75. Baffle thickness is set to .75 as well to match the wood thickness. My thought was that would account for the double baffle in the dimensions of either the sides or one of the fron/back pieces on the cutlist. It did not and now I have to cut a bords width off of either both of the sides or or two board widths off of the back piec for the box to fit together. I had all of my cuts done and spent 100 bucks on a nice sheet of Baltic Birch and and to have the cuts made so I don't have any extra pieces big enough to do a new front or back piece. 

Is my box screwed now on volume? It was right where it needed to be at just a hair under 3ft after port displacement, bracing, etc. Or should I just build the box as if it only had a single baffle then add the extra baffle to the front leaving a .75 gap along the bottom? at least that way the volume will be the same 

Why does Torres calculator not account for this? Should I have set my baffle thickness to 1.5? Why even have a number of extra baffles if it does not account for it and adjust the volume of the box? 

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. 

torres.JPG

Awesome I can do that. That seems like it will still be strong. I wish it would show that smaller piece on the cutlist I guess but it is still a great tool. I have a table saw so no big deal just had the hardware guys do the cuts to save the time and mess. BTW I found that the CT sounds box calculator is the same thing as torres which is nice because I don't have to download anything to screw around with boxes on my work computer. Lol Thanks guys. 

Archived