big 3

I was wondering   I have read {general audio} back to 2013 ,  yeah  bored at work. I cant log in., so I read.  I have read about the big 3   its stated  go 0 or don't' bother. 

I have done the big 3 but in 4 awg it seems to help the  headlights a bit. I don't think bigger wire is going to help. I dont mind another 4 awg strap to another ground easy enough to make.but I just dont see this as a solution. 4 awg is good enough for 1200 total watts on the entire system.

Pioneer avic 5000 nex

2 jbl 500 gtx at 2ohm on 1 skar vd-10  each

2 6x8 skar on a 200 watt amp

4 gauge welding wire power for the jbl and 4  gauge cca  for the 200w

I have an eye on a bigger alt and a better battery.

I  have heard battery  first since my battery  although new is not a top performer

am I on the right track?

I know a good alt is needed but I figure its a high ticket item and I am on a tight budget 

not a believer on caps I just don't see that as a real  solution for  me

I don't bang it every where but I don't like the blink when I chose to "share"  andf I know when the lights  blink I am running  low voltage 

yeah I am a budget baller?  I don't care ,and  I am older than some dirt just not all dirt  

so if ya can help me out I would appreciate anything you got   thanks

oh I ran circuit breakers from  amazon on the amps.  I got 60 amp for the 2 but it doesn't seem to pop,  but meh as log as it pops when its a direct short I figure  meh,  I got a 100amp sitting, as I thought it  would pop.alll amps have their own fuses .  I love that to disconnect power I push a button and to reconnect I slide the lever   pretty slick!

Battery first before alt. 0 gauge is best to run big three. Bigger is better in this case. You get a small extra battery for the rear next to the amps before getting a alt. Build everything and then improve from there. EXCEPT when installing new speakers. ALWAYS budget for deadening material and time for the best proper install of new speakers. Fast Rings $25 per pair, Deadening $75 for 2 doors. Set gains properly, tune with flat eq to start with and enjoy. Don't get in a hurry and have fun.

I have done about a dozen small systems for people in the last few years and i am always surprised how damn good a simple system sounds when installed properly. I always deaden even if i have to buy the materials myself. I refuse to put a system in with deadening speaker location really good. After sound deadening i use acoustic foam and/or at the very least the Fast Ring System. Always sounds 10x better than stock IMO. All builds where budget orientated but some steps are well worth the extra money. The right wire connectors/ soldering/ heat sink for ALL wiring. And Deadening.

Sorry for the long feed back, and welcome to the forums. .

Having an aux battery is a great idea to start and probably the cheapest in your case. To each their own, but I started by replacing my front battery going from stock lead acid to agm and that helped me the most until of course I upgraded. As for wire size the large size gives less resistance which is the target. cheapest route would be larger wire, small rear batter, large front battery, alt.

yeah battery upgrade will be first along with some multi tap posts it seems

I dont mind making another ground strap or 2   I got a bunch of 4g sitting and some lugs for em 

0 g  later but Im going with what I got in my garage,  double up takes a  little  garage time but its all  labor no $$

thanks again

Archived