Second Skin Audio

Attempted to try sketchup, box for 2014 ram crew cab.

06RTCharger

1 hour ago, 06RTCharger said:

Hoping to be able to figure out how my truck cabin affects a sub box and its tuning. So that my final box can be more precise.

Yeah I had no idea how important this was until I just finished my enclosure tuned to 29Hz, Its still louder around 40Hz, apparently due to cabin gain. A box tuned to 40Hz in my car sounds ridiculously stupid.  

Nice job on the design of the box. Looks good. I'm going to have to check out that program you are using.

6 hours ago, Bret said:

Yeah I had no idea how important this was until I just finished my enclosure tuned to 29Hz, Its still louder around 40Hz, apparently due to cabin gain. A box tuned to 40Hz in my car sounds ridiculously stupid.  

Nice job on the design of the box. Looks good. I'm going to have to check out that program you are using.

Oh wow thats a huge difference. How are u gonna combat that? 

Yah it was kinna hard to figure it out and figure out how to use it. This is only my second time tryna use a 3d design type of thing. It is cool once u figure out the tools u can use. 

The issue i have also is i dont know shit about ports lol so i have to rely on the calculators online. And the calculators always want "net volume", but how am i supposed to know the net volume if i have no clue how big the port will be yet? Lol, idk maybe im too noobie still but i feel like im being asked a trick question by a teacher with that part of the calculators.

Maybe they want net volume of the box and then they give u dimensions of an external port? Idk im about to start on this thing tho, good luck with yours.

Archived