Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

3 15s box help...


Recommended Posts

Posted

So trying to figure out how to make a box and am I doing this right? Gave up on the aeroports...

3 15s on ns1 amp...

Debating on inverting all 3 subs or maybe just 2...not sure what would look good...

 

 

 

53781062_254329115516003_463543910742464

 

 

53850186_254329495515965_590358027804711

Posted
On 3/8/2019 at 10:00 PM, Thomas1994 said:

53660800_397476054387002_533565036588066

 

 

Put everything into the re box calculator and comes out different but will it work?

Re calculator is no good. Use Torres or even CT sounds calculator is pretty spot on with Torres.

Posted

Which 15s? 10 cubes is about right on for 2 15s, but small for 3 15s.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Posted
1 hour ago, YukonXL04 said:

Which 15s? 10 cubes is about right on for 2 15s, but small for 3 15s.

Been told to stay around 9cuft (3cuft each) with the Contralto 15s and nothing is working out 🤣

 

Gotten so frustrated with it that just gave up...

 

 

And no computer now so can't download anything to help me figure out what I'm doing 

 

*shrug*

 

Also don't know if should go with 2 8in aeroports like originally planned or just slot port it.

 

This is my 2nd attempt at a box, first one didn't work out...

Posted
2 hours ago, Thomas1994 said:

Been told to stay around 9cuft (3cuft each) with the Contralto 15s and nothing is working out 🤣

 

Gotten so frustrated with it that just gave up...

 

 

And no computer now so can't download anything to help me figure out what I'm doing 

 

*shrug*

 

Also don't know if should go with 2 8in aeroports like originally planned or just slot port it.

 

This is my 2nd attempt at a box, first one didn't work out...

I can get you some good numbers for a box. I'll look up the Crescendo specs and post numbers shortly. I prefer slot port myself. 

Are you limited to 18" high?

Also... 42 wide will be tight for a slot port design. Probably want to go aero port if you're limited to that width. I also can't find woofer displacement #'s anywhere. Lmk

Posted
3 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Which 15s? 10 cubes is about right on for 2 15s, but small for 3 15s.

What 15's require 5ft³ each? Even zv5 and nsv4 15's with over 33mm of xmax only require 4.25 maximum. 5ft³ is too big for 15's. 

Posted
5 hours ago, DiBo said:

What 15's require 5ft³ each? Even zv5 and nsv4 15's with over 33mm of xmax only require 4.25 maximum. 5ft³ is too big for 15's. 

Specs are 44w, 19.5h, and like to stay around 30d...

 

I've really wanted to do an aeroport box for awhile now but I can't get it to work out right on that app hahaha...beening looking at 2 8in ports...

I do believe 3-3.5cuft per sub is the magic number...

 

Subs will be 2 inverted, one in the box so sub displacement is 0.23...

 

54348282_255792728702975_188408614568853

 

Where I'm stuck now...

Posted
7 hours ago, DiBo said:

What 15's require 5ft³ each? Even zv5 and nsv4 15's with over 33mm of xmax only require 4.25 maximum. 5ft³ is too big for 15's. 

3 cubes sound pretty small for a 15. Most of the 15s I have used wanted between 4 and 5 cubes. But I'm also a big box guy too, cant stand a too small ported box

 

Fi, psi, DD... all want 3-5 for most of the 15s. I dont run sundown so I dont know.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Posted
2 hours ago, Thomas1994 said:

Specs are 44w, 19.5h, and like to stay around 30d...

 

I've really wanted to do an aeroport box for awhile now but I can't get it to work out right on that app hahaha...beening looking at 2 8in ports...

I do believe 3-3.5cuft per sub is the magic number...

 

Subs will be 2 inverted, one in the box so sub displacement is 0.23...

 

54348282_255792728702975_188408614568853

 

Where I'm stuck now...

I talked to Crescendo audio today. They suggested 10ft³ with around 144in² of slot port. Less with aero. I can actually get a design with subs up Port back ( slot Port ran across the bottom). 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...