lovetoslam69 Posted March 16, 2019 Report Posted March 16, 2019 Hi, I'm installing 1 Rockford Fosgate p2 12 which I'm running with a Rockford Fosgate 500x1d wired to 2 ohms. When my bass hits my amp goes into protection mode. I rewired the sub to the box, made sure the ground was good. I'm totally lost on what to check next, any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Joshdashef Posted March 16, 2019 Report Posted March 16, 2019 Do you have a multimeter? check the resistance of the pos/neg speaker wires with them disconnected from the amplifier and verify they are indeed 2 ohms if you are lower than that the amp will go into protect, as it is only 2 ohm stable. I have used the prime 500 amp and have never had problems, even bought another for my dads bronco. Any pics of the install would help also SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Infektid Posted March 18, 2019 Report Posted March 18, 2019 check the voltage when the bass hits . low voltage can also trigger that . and then make sure the grounds and positives are good
BassMunky Posted March 21, 2019 Report Posted March 21, 2019 How you check the ohm mine was fluctuating when disconnected. 2 12 dual 1 ohm wired to 1 ohm if I remember or 2 ohm was reading last check like 1.35 ohms Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.