Using DD-1 on a 2-Channel

Hello, I just bought a 2-Channel amplifier to power my new SPL tweeters. I'm a bit confused on how I should use my DD-1 to set the gain properly though.

From the manual: 

5. Using included harness, connect DD-1 to output of amplifier. Connect the red harness lead to the Left Speaker (+) terminal, connect the black to Amplifier Ground. (Note: Most multi-channel amplifiers have the signal on Left (+) and Right (-).

So I put the positive lead from the DD-1 to the Left Speaker positive, and the negative probe into the negative power connection on the amplifier? Can I just stick it in the 0 gauge negative, like if I were testing voltage with a multimeter? 

I just had to ask here to be 100% sure, don't wanna blow anything up. 😝

Uhh my manual says this "5. Using included harness, connect DD-1 to output of amplifier. Connect the red harness lead to the Left Speaker (+) terminal, connect the  black to Left Speaker (-). "

Not amplifier ground, I have no clue where you got that from

6 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Uhh my manual says this "5. Using included harness, connect DD-1 to output of amplifier. Connect the red harness lead to the Left Speaker (+) terminal, connect the  black to Left Speaker (-). "

Not amplifier ground, I have no clue where you got that from

Different revisions showed better results using different points.

7 hours ago, Pelihagen said:

Hello, I just bought a 2-Channel amplifier to power my new SPL tweeters. I'm a bit confused on how I should use my DD-1 to set the gain properly though.

From the manual: 

5. Using included harness, connect DD-1 to output of amplifier. Connect the red harness lead to the Left Speaker (+) terminal, connect the black to Amplifier Ground. (Note: Most multi-channel amplifiers have the signal on Left (+) and Right (-).

So I put the positive lead from the DD-1 to the Left Speaker positive, and the negative probe into the negative power connection on the amplifier? Can I just stick it in the 0 gauge negative, like if I were testing voltage with a multimeter? 

I just had to ask here to be 100% sure, don't wanna blow anything up. " src="https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/2/72x72/1f61d.png">

Yes, that's how you do it. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1